Rifle sugestions (gift for my pops)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokingsquirrell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a CZ 527 American in .223 that I picked up for around $460 used. I really like it, especially the single set trigger. However, I am in the process of dumping a considerable amount of cash into an AR, and if I like it well enough that it becomes my "go to gun", I might let the CZ go… I just need to get back stateside and play around for a while to find out.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My $.02.

Of course because I have a fondness for the models, I would suggest a Rem 788 in 7m-08 carbine or the .308 carbine. Short, compact and easy to keep in the back sat of the truck. With a nice VX-2 2-7x33. In your price range too. Or, maybe the new Ruger Gunsite .308. A bit pricey but sooooooo cool. I also have a fondness for the Ruger M77/22 mag. It would do everything but deer. What about a nice pre-64 in 220 swift? Damn sweet if you ask me. Good thead. Keeps posted.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If i come across a pre 64 in 220 swift that would have to stay in my possession! And point me in the direction of where you find em in my price range!!!!! Really wanting to stay with a smaller caliber. Also with this would be something my mother could shoot. She is limitied to handguns, .22s and a 410 right now she had shoulder surgery few years back and is kinda recoil sensitive. Also what does a .308 or 7-08 do that a 30-06 will not? I think that I am pretty set on a .223 really fill the gap between .22LR and 30-06

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the pre-64 220 swift is just a dream of mine to own.

To your question. The 7m-08 is real easy on the shoulder compared to the 30-06. Most likely something your mother could shoot without much pain. Thinking about it now, would you ever look at a .243? Easy on the shoulder, lots of ammo availability, and can take small game, varmit up to deer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom