Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"But what we can do is work together to ensure that Michael Brown’s death is not remembered as the tragedy..."

It sounds as if the governor has his mind already made up about the shooting. This bothers me. Now once the investigation is done and IF there is a trial, and IF the officer is found guilty...then he could come out and make such statements. Seems like he, along with a lot of people are jumping to conclusions before all of the info is in. If you or I want to arm chair this one and pick a side that's one thing. For an elected official to do so is wrong.

Maybe he has access to all the info? So now its a trial of publicity.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"But what we can do is work together to ensure that Michael Brown’s death is not remembered as the tragedy..."

It sounds as if the governor has his mind already made up about the shooting. This bothers me. Now once the investigation is done and IF there is a trial, and IF the officer is found guilty...then he could come out and make such statements. Seems like he, along with a lot of people are jumping to conclusions before all of the info is in. If you or I want to arm chair this one and pick a side that's one thing. For an elected official to do so is wrong.
This is more disturbing

"Second, a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued.

The democratically elected St. Louis County prosecutor and the Attorney General of the United States, each have a job to do. Their obligation to achieve justice in the shooting death of Michael Brown must be carried out thoroughly, promptly, and correctly; and I call upon them to meet those expectations."

Who is that in the video?
That's the Missouri Governor.

Tinfoil hat on. Ferguson is a test alright. The tactics used, media response and citizens reactions will be studied.

Yep.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nixon just set up the next wave of chaos. IF and I say IF there is no evidence that the officer was in the wrong, then there will be no indictment and no trial, which would light off the powder keg once again. That was a really poor statement, unless he knows for a fact that the evidence says otherwise and that the officer was in the wrong.

Personally, I don't care, it will shake itself out, but this situation exposed some underlying issues that we all knew were there, but now we get to see it.

This whole thing with the peaceful protestors getting guns pointed at their faces felt a lot like Tiananmen Square.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That governor should be removed from office. That's the most blatantly irresponsible statement I ever recall seeing from a public official. His pandering makes me want to puke.

I just saw a young black man who was protesting interviewed on live TV and he was asked "what is it you want"? His reply was that he wanted the officer arrested and tried, he could prove his innocence after that. That's paraphrased but it's close enough. This leads me to conclude that they are completely A-OK with guilty until proven innocent. So be it, they need to start arresting those "protesters" and charging them, they can just prove their innocence in court.

The governor's statement only perpetuates this ******** and he's obviously pandering for the black vote. This is why I detest democrats, they have no respect for our rule of law, our system, or our country whatsoever, they just want to get elected and hold on to power and they could care less who is hurt (the officer and his family in this case) or what the cost is (the property owners who have been looted and burned). :pissed:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
remember this
great movie BTW

I'm not sure if your quoting the neo-Nazi ramblings as portrayed Norton is really the best example of level-headed conversation on a pro-2A message board.

It is a good movie, but yea. Unless you example here is to show that some of our members are as naive and consumed with hate as Derek was in the film. If that's it, carry on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom