Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get the protest - but not really sure how looting stores and burning QTs relates to the kid getting shot.
There hasn't even been that much looting or burning. What there has been has definitely been photographed and shown repeatedly on the TEEVEE. In the scheme of things, there hasn't even been that much unprovoked rioting.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I get the protest - but not really sure how looting stores and burning QTs relates to the kid getting shot.

Complaints and protests fall on deaf ears, somtimes. So sometimes ya gotta budt loose with a riot n loot a few stores to get some attention.

We all know how this plays out. Kid gets shot, Police say self defence, a couple riots, looting, burn down a business. ....then it all settles down. Then theres a trial, police are absolved, family gets paid, QT gets rebuilt. Then it goes back to normal. Maybe a few rappers make an album, then go on to fame.

btw, who got killed? We'll all forget and nobody will know why or even care.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow... I am disturbed by much in this thread. I unequivocally do not agree with looting or rioting; however from watching the live footage the past few nights, the majority of the crowd the police are firing tear gas, rubber bullets, sound cannons, bean bags, and stun grenades at are peaceful protestors holding their hands up chanting "Hands Up... Don't shoot", yet many in this thread paint all of the protestors as being rioters/looters, and the thread is chalked full of overtly racist comments and incredibly offensive stereotypes. Much of this thread is doing the exact same thing the gun community outcries: lumping an entire group into the bad actions of a slim minority, this is no different than when gun owners get lumped in with nutcases who go on shooting sprees... but it seems based on many comments in this thread it is okay because they are poor or of a different race it's okay in many peoples' minds?

When the whole Cliven Ranch ordeal was going on over a man illegally grazing his cattle on public lands, this community was bitterly divided with a large group defending the militias who showed up trying to stir up trouble. This is a community angry because a kid was shot with witnesses saying it was unprovoked, and the local police are not exactly providing any information or even indication they are taking it seriously. The last I read, they had not even interviewed the other person who was at the scene according to his lawyer, a former St. Louis Mayor.

I do not understand why EVERYONE is not upset about this. This is not a race issue. The videos do not lie, there is no debating that the police are (or were, it appears tonight is going well. No violence now that the county police have been removed, just people holding candles) making unlawful arrests (see the two journalists arrested for taking a photo of a police officer in McDonalds and not exiting fast enough). I am embarrassed right now. I have been a lifelong liberal, recently leaning more towards libertarian. My girlfriend said she assumed the right would just dismiss the protestors because of their race and ignore the over-arching complete disregard of civil rights and law; I said I didn't think that was the case, that there would be an outcry at the use of military tactics to suppress free speech (multiple journalists intentionally tear gassed and bean bagged and their equipment destroyed) and the law. I come on here, and am proven completely wrong.

One last note, all indications tonight is a very peaceful protest now that the State Police are in charge and using completely different tactics tactics... all factors are the same except for the police tactics, and a peaceful result... seems to say a lot about what's been happening and who has been the leading instigators. I am glad to see a new police department with a better strategy and more respect for the community handling this.

Off soap-box I go. Flame away.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only part of this whole event that seems reasonable is the "multiple journalists intentionally tear gassed and bean bagged and their equipment destroyed" piece.

Seems like working for the Ministry of Propaganda just ain't what it used to be.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only part of this whole event that seems reasonable is the "multiple journalists intentionally tear gassed and bean bagged and their equipment destroyed" piece.

Seems like working for the Ministry of Propaganda just ain't what it used to be.
Seriously? You think that's reasonable?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im of the opinion police shouldnt ever use or have military equipment. If we need riot control call up the Natl Guard. Some of the nonsense some cities employ should never be tolerated by citizens.

Theres no reason for city cops to be dressed in camo, wearing masks and flak jackets.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously? You think that's reasonable?

These days, when their primary job seems to be to inflame the congenitally stupid with inflamed rhetoric and advocate every silly-assed freedom stomping government position? Absolutely. Seriously. I can't think of a 'career' that has had a bigger loss of credibility in the last thirty years. Billy should have said "The first thing we do, let's kill all the media." There is NO bigger threat to freedom than the Media-Government complex. Politicians aren't as dangerous as no intelligent person believes anything they say. However, somehow, many seemingly intelligent people still believe that they are getting the "News".

When you are a lackey of the same system that physically beats yer arse, that's karma right there. As it should be.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im of the opinion police shouldnt ever use or have military equipment. If we need riot control call up the Natl Guard. Some of the nonsense some cities employ should never be tolerated by citizens.

Theres no reason for city cops to be dressed in camo, wearing masks and flak jackets.

So, we should just go right to Martial Law in these cases? Interesting, given your earlier positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom