RIP Best Buy they will be going by the wayside of Circuit City IMO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's called progress!!! Big box retails replaced the mom, and pop stores, of every discription, not to many years ago. It looks like it's time for on line retailers to re[place big box stores? The free market is the only totally fair, and unbiased judge on this earth, and will decide what works, and what don't!!

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d say many are lazy. I haven’t seen any of them to be the “go to” place.
Watch what people say, then watch what they do. All of them are a few dollars apart. Can I wait an extra day or two, usually. Excuses. Excuses 🥱

Some actually do what they say, many don’t, it’s certainly a free country.

Nothing new really.

Can this be translated? LOL

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0326.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It kinda looks like there will be special consideration for non whites, not discrimination against whites.

I await Best Buy's reaction and/or further lawsuits.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad bet. They’ve adapted well and have leveraged their brick and mortar real estate to ship faster than Amazon or Wal Mart with no membership fees required. Prices are competitive, their credit portfolio is a nice revenue stream, the website is intuitive and when consumers want to shop in store they are there.

Most consumers have “outrage fatigue” and the vast majority don’t know or care who Okeefe is.

I experienced my first corporate open racism when I was at a management training for Farmers insurance in 2006 and when they wanted a group photo of us they said “no more than 5 white males please”.

This is nothing new.
Went through EEOC training for the USAF in 1974, IIRC. At the time I'm a weedy little white guy. Just out of tech school, and BASIC. This ginormous black Master Sergeant gets my face and yells "You a racist, boy!" I looked him dead in the eye and told him "If I wasn't before I damn sure am now." Did I mention mouthy? ;)

About half of my Basic training flight was a gang from the south side of Chicago. Their leader brought them in because he'd found a place where a young black man could make some money, learn some skills, and get a little respect. He'd been through the same training for the Illinois National guard a year or so earlier, and went through it again to help his guys adjust. He and his guys helped all the rest of us, too. We only lost three people. One was French Canadian, got homesick and deserted. One got thrown out for injuring another guy. Filled one of the elbow-length gloves the other guy was wearing while doing KP with 180 degree hot water. Other guy got a medical hold. May have gotten medically retired with disability. Everyone else graduated. At that point, the only black people I knew were our buddies in Basic training. And my roomie in the barracks at Cannon AFB.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do but most of my electronics and large items are dropped off via Amazon vehicles from their warehouse. There’s a lot of 3rd party vendors on Amazon.

Theres not a day goes by Amazon vehicles aren’t going though our neighborhood. And they require their drivers to take a photo on your porch.
Best delivers in one day or less in okc metro. Don’t know about elsewhere because I don’t live in those places

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best Buy is still relevant? Havnt been there in yrs.
I've found them to be highly relevant when I've needed things in a hurry, like replacements for vandalized Ring cameras or sensors for an alarm system or a UPS.

Technically, though, I didn't go into a Best Buy for the cameras and the sensors, as they brought them out to me. I did have to go in to pick up the UPS, though.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do but most of my electronics and large items are dropped off via Amazon vehicles from their warehouse. There’s a lot of 3rd party vendors on Amazon.

Theres not a day goes by Amazon vehicles aren’t going though our neighborhood. And they require their drivers to take a photo on your porch.
When some jake-legged peckerwood vandalizes your security cameras, "maybe tomorrow or the day after" isn't good enough, especially when compared to "get it in less than an hour."

Latest posts

Top Bottom