Speed Queen washer and dryer ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, I would like to see pics and what environment the washer was used in.

Meaning inside a home where its dry and temp controlled, or in a garage with no hvac, or a laundry shed off of a covered carport, I have seen those as well.

Did it rust from the inside out, SQs have a 5 year warranty on rust from the inside out.

Anyway hate to hear about the bad experience.
in house climate controlled. rusted from inside out. first appeared as a bubble under the finish and then progressed just like a car with cancer to a perforation. the inside elements like brackets spring holders etc are affected also. basically the cabinet is junk.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Hahn's and their bottom line is just $6.08 cheaper than Anthony's......so there's not enough difference between the two to get excited about.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We were gave a used set of Maytags when we were first married 44 years ago, that set lasted us 29 years the wife just said. Then we went to Terrys Appliance in Del City and bought the Speed queens she uses now.

44 years and 2 sets of washer/dryer.

Geez. Not even 6 years together and we are on our second set of washer and dryer. 🤣

Samsung top load washer was absolute JUNK but did wash clothes good when it worked. The dryer was mediocre.

Front load Maytag is better but the washer has had to be worked on twice already. Oh and the detergent tray has to be left open or it is a haven for mold. Happy with the dryer though.

Wife said next washer we get will be top load again. She said the top load Samsung washed clothes better than the front load Maytag so Unless things change I told her we are getting a Speed Queen washer when that time comes

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Hahn's and their bottom line is just $6.08 cheaper than Anthony's......so there's not enough difference between the two to get excited about.
We bought a fridge and dishwasher from Hahn’s, and since they delivered them, they used Harrah sales tax vice OKC-the “point of the transaction”. Saved a few bucks, but I simply appreciated the thought/effort.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The number of contractors, or folks that call themselves contractors, who say daily they cannot find help either is shocking, talking day labor here, cant even find those.
I'm guessing but maybe the inability to find good workers can be attributed to government handouts. That will get the votes but it will not enhance the economy.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Harrys used to be good to buy appliances. I haven't been there in years and don't know if they still exist. Harrys on May ave.
I just called Harry's and for the TR7000 they priced it at $1,229.95 which beats Anthony's at $1,299.00.
I think I'll go with Harry's, they are ore reasonable on delivery also $50-75.00. I'll put he Whirlpool growler in he garage and let it go with the house when we move. It;'s barely a year old but one of the worst washers we have ever had. Energy efficient blah!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up going with Terry's Appliances.....bottom line for the set he was a freckle higher but I just like the idea of doing business with a small mom & pop business when I can.

Delivery is tentatively scheduled for Friday morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom