RIP Best Buy they will be going by the wayside of Circuit City IMO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad bet. They’ve adapted well and have leveraged their brick and mortar real estate to ship faster than Amazon or Wal Mart with no membership fees required. Prices are competitive, their credit portfolio is a nice revenue stream, the website is intuitive and when consumers want to shop in store they are there.

Most consumers have “outrage fatigue” and the vast majority don’t know or care who Okeefe is.

I experienced my first corporate open racism when I was at a management training for Farmers insurance in 2006 and when they wanted a group photo of us they said “no more than 5 white males please”.

This is nothing new.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bad bet. They’ve adapted well and have leveraged their brick and mortar real estate to ship faster than Amazon or Wal Mart with no membership fees required. Prices are competitive, their credit portfolio is a nice revenue stream, the website is intuitive and when consumers want to shop in store they are there.

Most consumers have “outrage fatigue” and the vast majority don’t know or care who Okeefe is.

I experienced my first corporate open racism when I was at a management training for Farmers insurance in 2006 and when they wanted a group photo of us they said “no more than 5 white males please”.

This is nothing new.
I’d say many are lazy. I haven’t seen any of them to be the “go to” place.
Watch what people say, then watch what they do. All of them are a few dollars apart. Can I wait an extra day or two, usually. Excuses. Excuses 🥱

Some actually do what they say, many don’t, it’s certainly a free country.

Nothing new really.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, haven't been in a Best Buy in 15 years.

I worked at what has become the vilest of companies. Not long after Clinton was elected, ALL employees were sent to "Enhancing Work Relations" classes. I was in the 1st class.

Basically, White's are racist, what is racist and how to change it.

Biggest bunch of BS ever shovelled. It was set up as a 4 day class. At noon of the second day, 5 of us were we told were complete and didn't need to return.

Returned to work and was telling about the class. The next week, 2nd class started. At noon, the "instructor" walked out and class was cancelled.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats white? Most of us are biracial……….
"Most people are biracial, therefore if someone is truly of white ancestry they should marry white and at least attempt to keep a pure line." - Racism.

"My ancestors were black from africa. I was born in Alabama and my ancestry is 100% sub saharan african. I need to marry another person of the same ancestry to attempt to keep a pure line." - Diversity.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
From my understanding this was a means to apply for management within the company, and a response that that diversity program imposed.

I dont agree with affirmative action things like this myself. It encourages merit based on something no one can control, and awards simply on that fact.

It doesn't inspire a shred of ownership.

Latest posts

Top Bottom