Robotic pool vacuums?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody out there must have a clue on these, I'm certainly clueless.

We have a 17' x 37' in-ground saline diving pool. The wife is tired of vacuuming leaves out of it, and wants one of these automatic cleaners.
Trouble is, they range in price from $300->1200. Which ones are good, and what are junk?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only one we have ever owned is the Polaris. We are on our second one in 20 years.
Parts are readily available for repairs, and the unit is easy to work on.
The pic below is a device that goes into the skimmer opening, directing floating debris into the skimmer. No tools needed for installation. It's a friction fit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430769081.700275.jpg

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have (had) the same one as above. Works very well. Run it for a while every day. Mine worked off a separate booster pump. Crawls all over the bottom and the sides, "wiping" stuff off the bottom and walls with its tail.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine runs off a booster pump as well.
There is a model that runs off the return line to the pool, but I don't know how efficient it would be compared to the booster.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're on our second Kreepy Krauly in-ground unit in the past 25 years. Parts are available, but I've never had to replace parts yet. No booster needed, works off of existing lines. Does a good job too. Had it flawless in a rectangle pool, 14 ft kidney, and the current oval. Good stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom