Romo Fractured Clavicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jerry Jones isn't the problem of the Cowboys. It's Phillips and Romo. Wade needs to nut up and make the decisions and lead the team on the sidelines. Romo just makes excuses, he won't take responsibility for the mistakes and he won't lead the players on the field and in the locker room. He's a good football player, but a terrible leader.
I'm excited about Kitna, look at all the yards he racked up for the Lions in '06 and '07.

I agree with that 100%. I don't remember Bum Phillips being so lax on his players. Wasn't he more of a "hands on" kinda coach?

Something is definetly broken over there. I don't think it's Jones. I'm not defending him here, I don't agree with alot he has done going back to the way he fired Landry and then later ultimately forcing Johnson to resign. But under his ownership the Cowboys are the highest valued pro sports team in the country. He knows how to make football make money. I think if he would stick to the "business" of football and let his coach do his job (maybe a more knuckle draggin', snuff spittin', helmet slappin' type) they could win a superbowl with the talent they already have on the field.

Anyway, for better or for worse, I will continue to watch, hope and wait.....again. Weren't the early 90's great.....(trigger dream sequence and harp music)

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with that 100%. I don't remember Bum Phillips being so lax on his players. Wasn't he more of a "hands on" kinda coach?

Something is definetly broken over there. I don't think it's Jones. I'm not defending him here, I don't agree with alot he has done going back to the way he fired Landry and then later ultimately forcing Johnson to resign. But under his ownership the Cowboys are the highest valued pro sports team in the country. He knows how to make football make money. I think if he would stick to the "business" of football and let his coach do his job (maybe a more knuckle draggin', snuff spittin', helmet slappin' type) they could win a superbowl with the talent they already have on the field.

Anyway, for better or for worse, I will continue to watch, hope and wait.....again. Weren't the early 90's great.....(trigger dream sequence and harp music)

I think your post points out that the Cowboys problems DO start at the top. We all know he doesn't want a coach he isn't able to control. He definitely needs to stick with the business side of things. He's a genius at that. All the glitz and glamour Jones has brought to the Cowboys it seems like theres a sense of entitlement among the players. Phillips is in place because he's Jones's puppet. If Jones want to win another Super Bowl he's going to have to let his giant ego go and get a football coach. Phillips has to go. Romo, as has been stated is no leader. He needs a coach that going to light a fire under him or who has no fear of sitting his butt on the bench. If that doesn't change things, he needs to be traded.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think your post points out that the Cowboys problems DO start at the top. We all know he doesn't want a coach he isn't able to control. He definitely needs to stick with the business side of things. He's a genius at that. All the glitz and glamour Jones has brought to the Cowboys it seems like theres a sense of entitlement among the players. Phillips is in place because he's Jones's puppet. If Jones want to win another Super Bowl he's going to have to let his giant ego go and get a football coach. Phillips has to go. Romo, as has been stated is no leader. He needs a coach that going to light a fire under him or who has no fear of sitting his butt on the bench. If that doesn't change things, he needs to be traded.

This.

Maybe not getting to play this year's Super Bowl in his own stadium will help bring things into perspective. This downhill slide has been going on for years now. Maybe this is the bottom Jerry needs to re-evaluate his involvement in the football side of the business. There is no doubt he is an astute businessman. Unfortunately being an astute businessman does not make you good at the actual game of football.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ok, point taken on getting Jones out of the coaching staff. Now that you have pointed it out to me, my own opinion proves to me that Jones has a problem with strong coaches.

And I agree that Phillips is not what this Dallas team needs in a head coach.

Latest posts

Top Bottom