Ron Paul Slams Murdered U.S. Sniper Chris Kyle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No f**ktard who speaks about the bravest of our brave should ever hold public office in this country.

F**k Ron Paul and all of his kind.:finger:

Michael Brown

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not being one that has had to endure combat, I was uncertain as to the effect of gunfire at a range on one who suffers from PTSD. Then I read a story at The Blaze about a vet who was a friend of Chris Kyle. That story really seemed to make it easier for me to understand the bond between combat veterans. Should there be any others that might be inclined to agree with Ron Paul's comment about "treating PTSD at a range," here is a link to that story.

Former SEAL and Friend of Chris Kyle Explains Why a PTSD Sufferer Would Be at a Range and Cautions Anti-gun Advocates

While I am a veteran, it was in non-combat conditions, so I now have yet a more heightened respect for those who did endure combat.

God bless them all.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No ......... who speaks about the bravest of our brave should ever hold public office in this country.

.... Ron Paul and all of his kind.

Michael Brown

Sometimes we speak quickly from our emotions and don't allow our words to be held back until we can better shape them. Dr. Paul was guilty of that in this instance.

I am pretty sure he understands his error.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/02/ron-paul-clarifies-by-the-sword-tweet-on-snipers-death/

It was a stupid thing coming from emotion about the tragedy.

After receiving some criticism on Twitter, Paul, 77, later clarified his comment on Facebook, posing Kyle’s death as an unintended consequence of “unconstitutional and unnecessary wars.” On Monday evening, Paul posted the following note:
As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP
Paul has vocally opposed the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as unwarranted and unconstitutional. In his two recent presidential runs, Paul warned repeatedly of the consequences of America’s wars and global military presence, citing the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks as blowback from U.S. foreign intervention.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the same dipshit that said the bush administration was gleeful about the 9-11 attacks. he has always been an idiot

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes we speak quickly from our emotions and don't allow our words to be held back until we can better shape them. Dr. Paul was guilty of that in this instance.

I am pretty sure he understands his error.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/02/ron-paul-clarifies-by-the-sword-tweet-on-snipers-death/

It was a stupid thing coming from emotion about the tragedy.

After receiving some criticism on Twitter, Paul, 77, later clarified his comment on Facebook, posing Kyle’s death as an unintended consequence of “unconstitutional and unnecessary wars.” On Monday evening, Paul posted the following note:
As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP
Paul has vocally opposed the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as unwarranted and unconstitutional. In his two recent presidential runs, Paul warned repeatedly of the consequences of America’s wars and global military presence, citing the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks as blowback from U.S. foreign intervention.

If anything, his "clarification" makes it worse. He's essentially devaluing the sacrifices of all our service men and women now. I somewhat agree with his opinions of unnecessary conflicts, but that dog won't hunt. :(

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anything, his "clarification" makes it worse. He's essentially devaluing the sacrifices of all our service men and women now. I somewhat agree with his opinions of unnecessary conflicts, but that dog won't hunt. :(

And don't forget how he blamed 9/11 on the US. Kinda like blaming rape on the woman for wearing provocative clothes.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am right with Dr. Paul on opposing the invasion and occupation of Iraq, and I don't like it when people glorify the killing of insurgents there (I would be an insurgent too if a bunch of foreigners invaded and tried to prop up a government here in my country) -- but I certainly don't think that the murder of Mr. Kyle is any kind of "cosmic justice" for the people he killed in Iraq or any such nonsense. Belief in mysticist religious stuff like Karma is where I part ways with Dr. Paul (and most other people in this country).

As to whether it was smart to take this particular fellow with PTSD shooting or not I cannot say (and I don't think Dr. Paul can either). 20/20 hindsight is a *****. I definitely wouldn't make such a broad statement as to say that it doesn't make sense to take anyone with PTSD shooting. At least Dr. Paul doesn't support making this particular belief of his into a law... He is opposed to all gun control, including the proposal to ban vets with PTSD from owning guns.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom