Ruger MKIII 22/45 .. what a PITA putting back together!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And all the while you are thinking I'm not spending $35 for labor to tear down the gun to do a trigger job or a deep cleaning when I can do it myself!

Now you know why we charge.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First thing I do when we get a new mark III is remove that crappy mag safety and disable the loaded chamber indicator. I use 2 number 10 stainless washers. You have to enlarge the holes a little. Then contour them to match the hammer. I also trim a coil or 2 off the slide stop spring.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is so wrong with a mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator? What do you gain when you remove these? I need to strip my MarkIII down for its first cleaning but I am waiting till I have several hours to mess with it. I figure it cant be any wose than the first AR lower I put together.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is so wrong with a mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator? What do you gain when you remove these? I need to strip my MarkIII down for its first cleaning but I am waiting till I have several hours to mess with it. I figure it cant be any wose than the first AR lower I put together.

The reduced reliability. When you fire a few hundred rounds, these parts start to gum up and cause failures to feed. The Loaded chamber indicator had a major flaw in it which caused the gun to go off when dropped on it.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yikes.... I'm disabling the loaded chamber indicator too.
what's the best way to do this? remove it entirely or file off tip?

The reduced reliability. When you fire a few hundred rounds, these parts start to gum up and cause failures to feed. The Loaded chamber indicator had a major flaw in it which caused the gun to go off when dropped on it.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I replaced the sear, removed the mag disconnect, but left the LCI in. It was a PITA! The video on the Ruger website is the one I used for assembly. Point the pistol up while :disappoin :puke:

Latest posts

Top Bottom