Ruger Peach Prices!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've been getting the small to medium-small watermelons they sell at Walmart for the past few weeks. Surprisingly, they've been pretty good and are priced at just under $6. I stopped at one of those roadside truck-bed sellers up near Seminole. Yeah...I just laughed when he said $20. I don't care that it's a little bigger. It's not worth $20.

He probably just picks them up from Walmart and marks them up.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^^ NOPE^^^^^

Many of these road sellers go down to the wholesalers and buy in bulk from them. Produce from all over, far away. Plenty of those wholesalers here, they’re legitimate but some who buy from them are not. Find a busy corner and set up and lie and sell. Liars.

Liars Liars Liars

Some even buy 5 gallons buckets of wholesale honey and put in mason jars and sell “local honey”. Some of that honey comes from China and all over the world. You can buy 55 gallon barrels of honey and not know where it came from.

Liars.

I know very well someone who does that. Makes good $$$$ doing this dishonest crap.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have been these prices for several years.
The orchard I harvest out of is in ada.
It’s the only commercial peach tree orchard that Iv found. No peaches are grown in Stratford. The trees sugar sand are still several years from production.
No peaches are grown around Stratford? I’ve seen a couple of orchards online where peaches can be picked and the Stratford Peach Festival is July 20th. I had thought about driving down and hitting the farmers market / festival.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy was parked in a truck selling watermelons at29th and Choctaw Rd and I thought,I’d liketohave one. I gave the wife $8.00 thinking she’d bring back a buck or two and she came back and said theguy wanted $20.00! We drove away. I’m not going to make his car payment!
For $20.00 I can buy two steaks with all the trimmings and have a great meal.

We did too! Same guy! I sat at that same exact place when I was a kid and sold them for 50 cents and cantaloupe was 3 for a dollar!

I told him he can let them rot before I paid $20!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen a listing today, Rush Springs melons $6.
Cheapest I've seen since Fauci Flu.
Bought a basketball size melon at Aldi, $4.68. Marked as a Texas melon. Dang good, will probably get another tomorrow.
$20 ain't happening.

We would buy a truckload of watermelons and cantaloupe, when I was a kid. Melons were $0.10 and cantaloupe were $0.05, by the truckload.

I pulled a wagon with my horse around town. Sent my 5 yo sister to knock on doors. Sold watermelons $0.25. Cantaloupe $0.10 or 2 for $0.25. Many would smile at her and buy 2 cantaloupe.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I just bought a small seedless watermelon at Homeland for $3.99. I'll be surprised if it's very good but it's in the fridge cooling down.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grabbed a cantaloupe from the feller down the road who has been selling them out of his truck bed for years. Said the farmers are wanting $2.00 for them now and $7.00 for a watermelon. Just two years ago I was buying them at 3 for $5.00.
I sell cantaloupes for $5 all day!
Watermelons between $10-$15,
I can sell 150-200 cantaloupe in 4 hours

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've been getting the small to medium-small watermelons they sell at Walmart for the past few weeks. Surprisingly, they've been pretty good and are priced at just under $6.
They were down to $3 or $4 at the Walmarts in Glenpool on Saturday. My niece bought one; it was no Rush Springs watermelon, but it was still pretty good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom