Running and gunning and playing around

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So anyone else buy gear and do run and guns. Here lately I've been buying stuff to do run and gun type stuff and gear to mess around in. Anyone else into collecting mil gear and testing it out? Just wondering if I'm the only one around who likes this sort of thing?

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went to my first practical rifle match at Oil Capital gun club last month. It was fun!! only $12 too! they have one the first Saturday of each month

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What was that like? What all did you do and what sort of gun were ya using!?

it was great! fun and lots of good people there! when i went there were hostage situations. Using cover and putting a certain amount of rounds through specific targets. switching from pistol to rifle also. I was using my WASR with iron sights and if you dont have a pistol then someone will likely loan you one. I got to use a .45 and an XD.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it was great! fun and lots of good people there! when i went there were hostage situations. Using cover and putting a certain amount of rounds through specific targets. switching from pistol to rifle also. I was using my WASR with iron sights and if you dont have a pistol then someone will likely loan you one. I got to use a .45 and an XD.
Ah that sounds like fun, I have the guns covered. Did you run it in your gear or what kind of rig are you using?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oil Capital has the practical rifle match the 1st Saturday of every month (with usually 20-30 rds of pistol). USSA has a 3-gun match the 4th Sunday of every month. The OC match is out to 50 yards max. The USSA match may go out to 300 yards max. They're both unique and they're both fun. Due to the lesser equipment requirements and limited range, the OC match is probably more beginner friendly. The USSA match will allow you to stretch your capabilities.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oil Capital has the practical rifle match the 1st Saturday of every month (with usually 20-30 rds of pistol). USSA has a 3-gun match the 4th Sunday of every month. The OC match is out to 50 yards max. The USSA match may go out to 300 yards max. They're both unique and they're both fun. Due to the lesser equipment requirements and limited range, the OC match is probably more beginner friendly. The USSA match will allow you to stretch your capabilities.
Yah, i do a fair amount of shooting. Never had any real training minus a defensive pistol class though. I plan on doing some training for fighting rifle/pistol and maybe a tactical shooting class. I'll have to do the one at oil rod capital range, maybe I just like playing GI joe? HAHA
my "gear" consists of 3 magazines and a hoodie. BUT i was using a Romanian sling. other than that all i had was a backpack full of ammo
AH I gotcha, I've been buying up some USMC stuff. I used to get a lot of mil stuff when I was younger and kind of got back into collecting it. Like I said a minute ago maybe I like playing army like I did when I was a kid. LOL

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Il have to try it off towards the fall. Any one had any formal training at any of the local ranges? I'm looking into it and seeing if anyone had any training locally

Latest posts

Top Bottom