Running the red on a motorcycle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.... I know there are riders on this forum, and I know some of them have had proper training and know how to trigger the lights, but you know there is going to be one out of a hundred who will miss use this law, and end up as road kill. And with all the accidents of late, the timing of this law is just plain wrong.

So you want to "inconvenience" 99 riders just because Darwin may, or may not stake his claim on the 1? Doesn't make sense IMO.

And as previous posters have said, there are some lights that you just aren't going to trigger no matter how you pull up. I've sat through several greens in the straight through lanes right beside me at night on more occasions than I can count because a cop was watching the intersection, knowing I'd get nailed if I went on and run it. I don't see anything wrong with giving us a pass if required.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, the law only requires eye protection.

Why not just turn right at these intersections and hit a U-turn when there is traffic present?

I'd never give somebody a ticket for sitting at a light for several minutes with no traffic present, regardless of what they are driving. In traffic, I'm not as keen on it.

Still though, common sense should prevail.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sportbike guys might need this law but as far as i can tell harley guys dont have a bit of trouble triggering the lights due to the linebacker women they pack around on the back of them!!

they need to enforce a helmet law! i get a ticket for no seatbelt but they can ride with no helmet?? makes alot of sense.

I disagree with a helmet law and the seatbelt law. Is it common sense, sure, but as a member of a free society, I should be able to make that decision myself.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this pertain only to motorcycles with motorcycle tires on them? If you have car tires on your motorcycle, can you still do it legally?

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sat at a red light the other night in my mustang for about 10 minutes I would have gone but I wanted to see how long it would take because I had nothing better to be doing. My bike riding days were short lived so I don't know how I feel about this being a law but just like everything else you are going to have someone abuse it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have gone on thru after a bit on my bike, and in my 4x4- cautiously. Just last week at Hwy 51/Oneta Rd I was first car in line in the lane to take a left. NO traffic coming in any other direction. I sat thru 2 full cycles and ours did not go green, the 3rd time it came around the straight thru lanes next to us went green while ours was stuck on red. I went ahead and went and so did 4 other cars behind me. I think we were safe enough to go on. My kid kept looking behind us for a cop though for a block or so. Theyre repaving the road there maybe that had something to do with it,no idea. But, I probably wouldnt have sat thru 3 of them on my bike...

Shootum

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
:wink2:
The sportbike guys might need this law but as far as i can tell harley guys dont have a bit of trouble triggering the lights due to the linebacker women they pack around on the back of them!!

they need to enforce a helmet law! i get a ticket for no seatbelt but they can ride with no helmet?? makes alot of sense.

Next time I see you your gona need a helmet. Oh wait a minute they don't make one big enough for your Punckin head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom