Running the red on a motorcycle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like all of this will be in vain over the next four or five years... it seems like all across the country, cities are going to the optical detectors anyhow. Cheaper, faster, and they don't have to divert traffic nearly as much.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it just me or do some of you guys rev your motors to try and cycle the light... I'm sure it doesn't do any good, but it makes me feel better about it.

Not going to get into the science of it, but blipping the throttle may actually create more, or stronger magnetic fields from the ignition system, which could disrupt the magnetic field from the traffic sensor. I dont know if thats true or helps, but maybe.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I blip my throttle because I love the sound of my bike as much as most love their coffee. It was my understanding from taking my Motor cycle safety refresher class this summer that a law like this was already in place for Oklahoma.

My Harley does not always trip lights and I ride without my helmet because I live in the land of the free and home of the brave thanks to a state that doesn't trample on me.

If you don't ride a bike, keep your opinion to yourself, don't force your beliefs to me and I won't comment about your Prius.

As for me, my Harley, and my wife, we'll cruise right by you and wish you well!

Latest posts

Top Bottom