S&W 15/22 or SIG522?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look at the 15/22 as a cheaper training tool for my AR. It functions very well at this, and hasn't let me down at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10bird

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong with either one. My brother in law has the 15-22 and it has worked great for him. I had a 522 until my wife claimed it. Never had a single problem with the 522 unless you count a few primers that didn't go off the first time. They weren't light strikes just ammo issues. Mags are plentiful and cheap for the 522. The main difference to me is the weight. The 522 is heavier and my grandson prefers the 15-22 for this reason.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my 15-22 MOE. It has a high end AR trigger in it and it rocks and rolls. I like the magazines for the 15-22 more than the generic 22 mags the sig uses.

A guy I shoot with likes the Sig more. He swears by it, but mine runs pretty much flawless with federal and CCI. I couldn't be happier with the 15-22. You also can't as many parts for the Sig as you can for the 15-22.

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered the S&W from Sportsman, with the $10. transfer and free shipping bringing it home for $390. which isn't bad in my book. In the end everybody I have run into at TCGC with one has loved it and it got more positive here that the SIG. May pickup a used SIG if I stumble across one this next year after I pickup a can for the S&W.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having owned both, you chose wisely. S&W warranty is great if needed and the mags are superior. Mine runs great is a great platform for adults or kids.

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CMMG dedicated .22 upper.

Would just buy a complete CMMG 22, as I won't break up the AR's after they are setup.

I looked at the SIG while at Sooner Pawn this week, it appears to be a well make rifle and I will put it on my short list once I find a threaded barrel version. I really liked the metal upper and rails on the SIG over the S&W but that also drives the cost. Will run 200 to 300 down the TCGC range today for break in if the weather and wife permitting.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would just buy a complete CMMG 22, as I won't break up the AR's after they are setup.

I looked at the SIG while at Sooner Pawn this week, it appears to be a well make rifle and I will put it on my short list once I find a threaded barrel version. I really liked the metal upper and rails on the SIG over the S&W but that also drives the cost. Will run 200 to 300 down the TCGC range today for break in if the weather and wife permitting.

It's sitting on a lower receiver I had just laying around doing nothing.

The advantage is if I need to repurpose that lower for another caliber it takes just a few seconds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom