Salt mine in Hutchinson, KS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Another note but, I lived in Meade, Ks. they had a lot of underground Electrical power lines, and owned there own Power Company. I went thru three winters there and as far as I can remember was never out of Power. Now in Western Okla. we are out of power at least 10 times per year at any time the wind blows. The wind was notoriously blowing in Western Ks. lots more than Here in OK. Seems like a lot of Kansas small towns are well prepared and ran very well. A lot of sharp mechanically inclined people live in rural Ks. towns. Great State in my OP. Your comment on water made me think of Old Meade, KS. memories. thanks.
Little windy in NW OK yesterday, out power went out at 601pm, power back on at 945pm............

Depending on whether you're Alfalfa Electric or OGE, OGE will keep 70yo poles in ground with a diameter of 6", splintered and cracked. They will not replace them until they break. I've got almost 25y of experience of observing this lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom