Satanic Monument At the State Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see now there are a lot of OSA members that need some serious prayer!

Why, because we want to abide by the Constitution?

Wanting the 10 Commandments removed (and all other religious monuments denied) isn't about the content within those commandments, it's about the Government blatantly endorsing one (well, the few that follow the 10 Commandments) religion over another. Just because it's aligns with your particular religion, even if that religion is the majority in this state, does not excuse the constitutional violation.

Supporting Satanic and Hindu monuments being displayed on Government property isn't a personal endorsement of those religions, either, it's simply a personal endorsement of the idea that "what's fair is fair". The Government should remain completely secular, and the only two ways to do this are to allow all religions their monuments or allow none at all, with the latter being the most effective and efficient way, obviously.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that we ought to erect one of those Big Boy's characters on the lawn of the capital. A burger in one hand and to satisfy the fish eaters he can have a carp sandwich in the other hand.

I bow to your greater wisdom! I was going to suggest Mike Turpen, but it's kinda the same thing...

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest problem here is the Hindu Gods mentioned earlier in the thread. Them Hindi have a huge surplus of Gods and there aint none of them Jealous.They love our god as much as they love theirs. They'll worship Jesus and Viznu too. They idn't all that particular. Once you let them Hindu in, the Capitol lawn will get unmanagably crowded. Them Hindu will get up in here and there won't be no stopping them. Then they'll be on food stamps, livin out of my checkbook.
But think of all the money we'll save on lawn care at the Capitol!

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why, because we want to abide by the Constitution?

Wanting the 10 Commandments removed (and all other religious monuments denied) isn't about the content within those commandments, it's about the Government blatantly endorsing one (well, the few that follow the 10 Commandments) religion over another. Just because it's aligns with your particular religion, even if that religion is the majority in this state, does not excuse the constitutional violation.

Supporting Satanic and Hindu monuments being displayed on Government property isn't a personal endorsement of those religions, either, it's simply a personal endorsement of the idea that "what's fair is fair". The Government should remain completely secular, and the only two ways to do this are to allow all religions their monuments or allow none at all, with the latter being the most effective and efficient way, obviously.

Nope...sorry, DT - my comment in post #161 had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Constitution. I based that solely on my personal observations of some of the comments posted in this thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom