Savage FV SR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have been considering one of these to use with the SS Sparrow I ordered for my Ruger 22/45 handgun. I do worry about the quality of the Savage though. A number of years ago I was looking into the savage 22 target rifles and it seemed that they were having quality issues back then. Can anyone comment on the rifle and its quality?

Michael

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The barrel finish is kind of rough and like has been said, the factory stock is craptastic. However, it seems quite accurate, I have no issues with the bolt binding and the trigger is excellent. Well worth the cost IMO.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The barrel finish is kind of rough and like has been said, the factory stock is craptastic. However, it seems quite accurate, I have no issues with the bolt binding and the trigger is excellent. Well worth the cost IMO.

This. My son completely gave up the 10/22, the 15/22, and a model 60 when I got the FV SR. It's his favorite to shoot and he's done his best to wear it out, I've shot it a fair amount as well. Who'd have thought a 9 year old would prefer a bolt gun to an semi-automatic?

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If this is the only problem I might go ahead and pick one up. What had me scared was that on some of the early models of the heavy barreled target versions of these rifles there were cases of sights being non functional because of improper installation and bolts that did not close properly. This made me wonder about the overall quality of this line of rifles.

Michael

DUKnCVR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my rendition

img.photobucket.com_albums_v240_mikesamillion_5fe72f34.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v240_mikesamillion_ddb99342.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom