School me on electric smokers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use an old Cajun Injector (similar to Masterbuilt electric) I was given by a member. For us it works great. I smoke a whole chicken with cherry and get a moist, flavorful chicken. Works great for turkey and pork loin too.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Geez. Just get a front load Little Chief smoker. If you don’t have a smokehouse these are the next best thing. Nothing fancy and no electronic timers or other gizmos to fail. I ordered a spare coil when I got mine 20 years ago and still haven’t had to put it in. I got introduced to these when we were living in Barrow. Folks there bought the top loader versions and just left them in the box. Cut a flap on the side to access the chip pan. The box provides extra insulation at below freezing temps. My box has never caught on fire though here I take it out in the spring and summer. Great unit for the occasional smoker.

https://www.amazon.com/Smokehouse-Products-Little-Chief-Smoker/dp/B000ZKZJMY

ScottW

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Pitboss. The temp is displayed is usually 20 degrees or more lower than what my old fashioned oven thermometer shows. I like it for jerky, summer sausage or smoked queso. But for everything else I use my stick fed.

OkieShutr

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
To stay in your $200 price range the Masterbuilt brand is probably the way to go. I have one that is a sportsman elite and Redhead branded from Bass Pro. It's sitting right outside my back door on a covered patio with one of their plastic protective covers on it. Stays there year round and is eight or nine years old. I found when I'm smoking I can add about a half a handful of chips every hour to keep more smoke going. I like mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom