Security guards watch beating...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martialartsblackbelt

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When i worked at Just for feet in Tulsa i arrested 5 differnt people for stealing.
once i was dragged from a car as i was trying to stop some teens from fleeing.
my district manager called me right after that one and i was sure i was fired, but all he said is "your a bad ass!"
needless to say we had no more strong arm robberies at that loaction.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what ya get when you hire just any Joe Blow off the street. It wouldn't surprise me if those "security guards" were thugs who knew that group of kids.

You would think that in order to work security detail, you would hafta be a certain "caliber" of person.

Of course, I also think that in order to be a telemarketer, you should be able to speak good English, but we've all heard those folks before. :rolleyes2

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get that their contract prevented them from 'getting involved', but geez...how 'bout just getting in the damn way of the attacker(s)? And to not check on the gal laying there afterward? Pitiful.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you want to be mad at the guys on security detail. but then you read the limits of there duty. and while it may sound shallow. but chances are. if they did anything. they would have been fired. and in todays job market, i am not sure i would have done anything,if i was in same situation.
but the general mentality of a security guard. you would have thought they would be chompin at the bits to be a hero.

Exactly. And if they had intervened and violated policy, they would be open to all kinds of litigation that their company would probably not support them on; because they were out of their scope of work.

Observe, report, call the cops. Most places/agencies...those are the rules.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad that girl didn't have some OC. Stream goes right across their face on the way to the other girl. "Oh! I'm sorry? Did I get you too? Darn the luck! Does it burn? :rolleyes2

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This very thing happened to my daughter when she was in high school, got her head stomped and kicked in the face and no one would help her.

I not only filed charges against her and got her kicked out of school but sued her parents for damages and won.

dauthement1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any and every one standing around and watching not helping should be charged with assault. I'm not above getting a butt whooping but once your opponents down that's it, looks like attempted murder to me!! What kind of place do we live in!! Makes me sick to think that my child will be growing up in a place where people so easily turn their heads to such atrocity!!

Duck L'Orange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Job or not, I would have jumped in and at least pulled the girl off. This is the worst example of "bystander effect" I have ever seen. I know most people here would probably do the same, if not more, instead of just standing RIGHT IN FRONT of the victim and waiting for the police. I mean, it's a 15 year old girl getting kicked in the head by another skinny teenager, have some cajones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom