Security guards watch beating...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how the lady is griping the whole time about why these security guards didn't do anything and she keeps acting like it was more their job to do anything than hers or the other passengers that she said "were watching and expecting the guards to do something".

Citizens have a responsibility to jump in and take care of their fellow citizen - the problem is that people like this lady get a wild hair because they failed to understand their own responsibility and that of the security guards'.

I bet if she could, she'd use civil litigation to help affect a change she wants to see happen - and that is exactly why security guards have a policy of "Observe and Report" - civil liability cover.

This idiot lady whose doing the complaining is what's wrong with the system - and she could have jumped in just the same as those guards - it was just as much her (and the other passengers') duty to jump in just as much as it was that of the security guards.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lady in the report was on a bus, who knows how far away. I'm sure everyone was in shock that 3 MEN in "official uniforms" with Security written across their backs were just standing there.

BY DEFINITION, There is an expectation that if you are advertising that you are Security, then you should provide Security.

From Dictionary.com:
Security-
Freedom from risk or danger; safety.
Freedom from doubt, anxiety, or fear; confidence.
Something that gives or assures safety, as:

1. A group or department of private guards: Call building security if a visitor acts suspicious.

If you are going to hide behind a "contract" that states "observe and report" then your uniform should state that.

COWARD
or
Official Gawker

More importantly, basic human decency demands that you intervene, regardless of your job description. Saying you could lose your job just confirms you are a heartless coward. I can't believe there are people on this forum who actually defend their actions.

Steve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. When I worked at JCPenney's doing anything other than "observe and report" was a fireable offense.

i would be fired then....i could not stand by and watch that happen without doing my best to stop it. keep thinking that could be my 11 year old daughter on the ground in a few years.

Steve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This very thing happened to my daughter when she was in high school, got her head stomped and kicked in the face and no one would help her.

I not only filed charges against her and got her kicked out of school but sued her parents for damages and won.

good for u bee! i would have done the same.

cable stretcher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah this just scared the crap out of me, I have a 1 yr old son and to think this is the world that he is going to grow up in. Do we really have such little respect for our fellow man that we will just look the other way while someone's life is in danger. I think it is the whole sue happy america that we live in that allows things like this to happen. Makes me glad that I don't live in a "big" city.

Latest posts

Top Bottom