Security guards watch beating...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm very hesitant to jump into someone else's scrap cause you typically don't see the start of it. The typical outside observer would have been dumbfounded when the security did not step in. That would cause a little hesitation, but I would have to step in once the head kicking started.

Duck L'Orange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More importantly, basic human decency demands that you intervene, regardless of your job description. Saying you could lose your job just confirms you are a heartless coward. I can't believe there are people on this forum who actually defend their actions.

Hear, hear; I think that people put too much credence in titles and formalities. Now what good are all of those in the end when you're on your deathbed? I don't know about most people, but I have morals that are worth more than a job or money, maybe even more than my own life (depending on the situation, I would have to admit I'm a pragmatist above all else). I don't care about how much capital I've gained over the years if I can't lie on my deathbed and say, "You did good by yourself, old chap."

As for my statement that wage doesn't reflect quality, I didn't necessarily mean quality of character, though everyone who disagreed with me is pretty much right; most min. wagers are still in that lowly position because of a weak and lazy character in the first place. That doesn't stop me from believing in the finer parts of human nature, and the fact that too much stock is put in social status. I think that the opportunity arises in everyone's life to become truly exceptional (higher than their "status" would allow them otherwise to be), and few have the perception or decency to act when this moment comes along. Again, I don't really care whether or not I live comfortably if I can't live with myself.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy here in Stillwater tried to break up a fight on the strip several years ago between two girls. One was savagely beating the other girl in the face on the ground and had been for a while. When he tried to pull the girl off her, a guy with her knifed him and killed him.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When he tried to pull the girl off her, a guy with her knifed him and killed him.

Wow...that's about as 'worst case scenario' as it gets.

I realize that there's a big difference between actual LEO's and security guards, but if I were to take a position as a 'security guard' (and put on the uniform), I would have some reasonable expectation that I might find myself in an encounter with a BG. That's just common sense to me, but I guess that doesn't always apply anymore.

I mean, what was the want ad for this job like? "Apathetic person needed for observation work. Must be nimble enough to operate radio while stepping backwards."

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry, but job be dammed I am stepping in & stoping this kind of BS once it has escaladed beyond your basic fight. I have stepped in on more than a few occasions & I do what is right first & deal w/ the reproctions later. I know I will catch some heat for my opinions but I DO NOT JUST STAND BY !:hellno:

Latest posts

Top Bottom