Self Defense sprays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly the feedback I was looking for. A small gun is probably doable, but some of these runs are 5+ hours and self sustaining, so weight and bulk are issues vs threat concern. My wife worries about safety as well and leans toward lethal vs nonlethal alternatives. I have never had a concern on the road or trail, but better prepared than not. I can always exit, but a late night drunk or even an animal could be an issue. perhaps both items could be accomodated, but perhaps running partners might be a better idea.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When LEOs bring violent, incoherent druggies into the ER, the scene can get almost out of control when trying to draw blood. When the drug addict lunges, he/they often get sprayed by LEOS. From what I have seen, the effects range from very temporary to zero. These are people who are growling like dogs and trying to bite. I guess if you're out running on the trail, and Psycho Killer gets hold of you - spray and pray. If the spray doesn't work, you can use the empty can like a Taurus - striking him with it as though it were a paperweight...

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen spray not work on people usually crack/crank users (emptied a can up a nostril)with no effect, but everyone else it works just fine. If you are going to be using it outside I would use a stream spray, cone sprays don't do well in wind, foam doesn't carry as well. I carry my old stuff in my truck when we are issued new cans just to have another tool and it works good on dogs ect.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seen this guy on cops who refused to leave a bar. They pepper sprayed him and he had zero reaction. Of course he was doing tae kwon do or something at the same time. He got maced and kept on doing his poses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom