Selling Hog Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did one this spring at a well known outfitter in Ok. stayed two nights in a cabin, hunted two days, one pig for 500.00 Had option to shoot another one at 2.00/pound...

I may be off base here but, this is what makes me think the "hog problem" is not as bad as what everyone think's it is. Of course, this is just one mans opinion....:wave:

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I understand...

I guess what gets me is the guys that charge these ridiculous prices. If you take 5 hunters a day and charge $100 per hog and maybe something like $150 or $200 at the most for a 300+ pound trophy hog, you just made over $500 for 1-day's worth of work or several thousand $$$ per week! I'm guess I'm just not that greedy of a person...

Don't get me wrong, I love shooting hogs and have killed more than my share. Luckily though, I've never had to pay for them....

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh, I understand...

I guess what gets me is the guys that charge these ridiculous prices. If you take 5 hunters a day and charge $100 per hog and maybe something like $150 or $200 at the most for a 300+ pound trophy hog, you just made over $500 for 1-day's worth of work or several thousand $$$ per week! I'm guess I'm just not that greedy of a person...

Don't get me wrong, I love shooting hogs and have killed more than my share. Luckily though, I've never had to pay for them....

Id' much rather take 'em out without paying for them. Heck, there are places our there where people get paid to kill 'em. I think one of those corny cable channels had a hog hunting 'reality' show for a bit. had some old grumpy dude with tobacco in his beard buying canon balls and a pipe off ebay because the ad said 'from the alamo' - nasty old coot that could walk worth a damn, his son and two daughters were in Texas if memory serves.

Never understood why they took them live. each one of them carried a side arm and there was a lever action rifle in the vehicle they were in, but they'd have their dogs occupy the hogs long enough to get in there and, well, hogtie them.

Keep in mind that for every lucky guy that lives out where hogs can be shot freely there's one guy in the city wishing he was out shooting hogs. It's no different than spending a couple hundred bucks per shooter to go out and dove hunt, pheasant hunt, deer hunt or do any other kind of hunt. For many people, paying for a hunt is the only way they get to experience it. They have a fixed schedule, fixed amount of free time and want to maximize it by using a guide service. I don't necessarily agree with the idea of paying per lb or per animal unless it's being butchered for you though.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just for reference, the ranch where we typically do our hog hunting is about 3 hours from OKC and it is $125/day unlimited hogs (not a "high-fence" property) from blinds on feeders. $50/night if you want to use their bunkhouse (a dozen or so beds, living room with tv, full kitchen, bathrooms, AC, etc...). Prices were per person, and no guiding or cleaning services are available but they do have a nice cleaning station. Last time we went down there were 3 shooters and we shot 4 pigs.

Anyway, I would love to find somewhere closer, but wanted to share what we've been paying recently. That trail-cam pic posted looks like you have a healthy population there!

oxjlange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think most hog hunts that aren't self serve hunts are going for $300-400. If you were to start doing this, I would check into a liability insurance policy of some sorts. Some people can be pretty looney then if you add a gun and a some "hog fever" it could be an accident waiting to happen.

Is that $300-400 per person or for a group of 2 or 4?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for reference, the ranch where we typically do our hog hunting is about 3 hours from OKC and it is $125/day unlimited hogs (not a "high-fence" property) from blinds on feeders. $50/night if you want to use their bunkhouse (a dozen or so beds, living room with tv, full kitchen, bathrooms, AC, etc...). Prices were per person, and no guiding or cleaning services are available but they do have a nice cleaning station. Last time we went down there were 3 shooters and we shot 4 pigs.

Anyway, I would love to find somewhere closer, but wanted to share what we've been paying. That trail-cam pic posted looks like you have a healthy population there!

$125 per day with unlimited hogs is a pretty darn good deal considering what others charge. I can't go that far with my medical problems but for most others that sounds like a good time especially if you can score a few hogs to fill the freezer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom