Selling Hog Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvlabs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They take them live because they sell them. The people that buy them want them live so they can kill and butcher at the same time and have fresh meat.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$125 per day with unlimited hogs is a pretty darn good deal considering what others charge. I can't go that far with my medical problems but for most others that sounds like a good time especially if you can score a few hogs to fill the freezer.

Minimum 2 days gets you for $250.00

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
THIS is the very reason the hog problem is what it is today.
Hog hunting has to be outlawed to stop the relocation for money hunts. Then an eradication program similar to yotes to control populations.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The eradication efforts of the government in the 50's putting a bounty on a pair of coyote ears didn't work out too well.
I do agree commercial hunting should be stopped. It probably won't help much, but its a start.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they're such a nuisance, exist in such huge numbers, and destroying as much property as we are led to believe....why are people charging, and other people paying, so much to hunt them?

$300 bucks to shoot a not-rare oversized nuisance rodent from a fixed stand? No way. Good money if you can make it I guess. If folks want to pay and that's what the market will bear then it is what it is, but it just seems that sometimes us "Sportsmen" are a wacky, illogical bunch.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they're such a nuisance, exist in such huge numbers, and destroying as much property as we are led to believe....why are people charging, and other people paying, so much to hunt them?

$300 bucks to shoot a not-rare oversized nuisance rodent from a fixed stand? No way. Good money if you can make it I guess. If folks want to pay and that's what the market will bear then it is what it is, but it just seems that sometimes us "Sportsmen" are a wacky, illogical bunch.

That pretty much sums up my feelings too. I don't see how someone can claim to be a conservationist and then pay to hunt hogs. By paying to hunt them you are only guaranting to conserve the hogs. Those that have hog operations may cuss them, but they don't wanna see the hogs gone. They like the money, paid hog hunts = conserving hogs.

Good luck with your hunts, but I wouldn't give you a plugged nickel to shoot one. Its unfortunate, if everybody had the attitude I did they would be begging for somebody to come shoot them for free! Because left unchecked AND hogs not providing any income to the landowner they really are costly and destructive.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THIS is the very reason the hog problem is what it is today.
Hog hunting has to be outlawed to stop the relocation for money hunts. Then an eradication program similar to yotes to control populations.

Absolutley this. ^^^

We need more laws restricting what people can do, and what they hunt. This freedom BS is not all it's cracked up to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom