Semi or Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I practice enough with both to be competent with either. Some's I carry my J-frame as a BUG.

That's right. Same here. I practice with both; I shoot one, I shoot the other. Although it may seem odd to have the SF as a BUG, the snubbie is just so much more handier.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I love my SW640, I don't like carrying it unless I'm hiking with a pack/first response bag. I know I'll probably catch flack for choosing convenience over function, but I hate trying to carry bulky guns concealed/incognito. I normally will pocket holster the LCP, sometimes the SWbodyguard380 when pockets are big enough. If the event calls for a polo, I'll tuck a G19/G17 under it outside the waist band, but it's rare. I'd rather go about my business not having to move around cumbersome to accommodate what I can just stick in a pocket and go.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am horrible with the long double action pull of a revolver. My wife carries a bodyguard 38 and I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. When I have to dress light, I carry a Sccy CPX1. Its a double action as well but is short and light enough that I don't have a problem with it.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, the LCR came in. However, I can't find ammo for it locally. I ordered 250 .38 rounds for it on the net. I also ordered an XS dot sight and installed it today. It's a lot faster to pick up that sight. I also picked up a desanti nemesis holster and some speed clips.

I like the weight and feel of the gun. Eventually getting to the range will decide if its a keeper.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, the LCR came in. However, I can't find ammo for it locally. I ordered 250 .38 rounds for it on the net. I also ordered an XS dot sight and installed it today. It's a lot faster to pick up that sight. I also picked up a desanti nemesis holster and some speed clips.

I like the weight and feel of the gun. Eventually getting to the range will decide if its a keeper.

Don't waste the money and time trying to find magnum ammo for that little feller. Just get you some good .38 Special +P stuff. I like the Hornady Critical Defense in my LCR. After you shoot that little guy, you'll love it more and more. :heart::heart:

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't waste the money and time trying to find magnum ammo for that little feller. Just get you some good .38 Special +P stuff. I like the Hornady Critical Defense in my LCR. After you shoot that little guy, you'll love it more and more. :heart::heart:

I can't find anything locally. It's very disheartening. I'd like to try a few different rounds through it. Right now, I would be happy to find anything to put down the pipe.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't find anything locally. It's very disheartening. I'd like to try a few different rounds through it. Right now, I would be happy to find anything to put down the pipe.

Is Gunrunners still in bizness down there in greater Ada? They should have some .38 Special ammo. Wal-Mart should too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom