Semi or Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pocket carry a sig 238, same controls as the 1911 I carry. The p238 is like shooting a 22. Yes it is only a 380, but it goes where ever I go.

I shot one of those a few weeks ago, and was impressed. I'm generally not a fan of the .380 cartridge, but putting the bullets where I wanted them to go out of the 238 was effortless.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got several semi's that I carry from time to time. Really been jonesing for a wheel gun tho. Thinking a s&w 442 or 642 or possibly step up to a ruger gp 100.

Shoot me a PM. Let's go to the range or just stop by and borrow my 642 if your schedule is weird. That will make your mind up for you. The 642 is much lighter than the GP 100, a bit of a beotch to shoot but a heck of lot easier to carry. You're welcome to give her a trial run.

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a 640 for carry, I opted for sig 238 due to the 1911 controls since its a bug to my 1911 when I belt up. Otherwise it is the 238.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to go shoot it and the 357 is a little too much. The 38 shoots very well though. I bought the XS standard dot and have to say, all in all, the LCR is a nice shooter.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When Im in my usual long board shorts, sweats or track pants or something lighter than jeans and not carrying my XD sub or G19, I carry a PF-9 and like it. Have several revolvers and have carried them just wouldnt carry one all the time.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
excellent point ldp .. after one has spent the countless hours of practice dry firing with laser and range time (without laser). and one is proficient enough to place all five rounds of .357 magnum inside a pie plate at 10yds with a DAO 2in 11oz revolver :thumb:

maintenance/range time is absolutely necessary to have a hope of keeping your proficiency.

Except for two(GP100 an BlackHawk Flattop .44Spl.), the other three modern revolvers I have are all snub-nosed gun's, S&W 64-3 2", S&W 640ND, Colt Detective Special 2nd generation 2", and all in .38spl capable of shooting +P loads. I shoot my revolvers as much if not more than my primary gun. You don't call it a Back Up Gun BUG for no reason. Its there if my primary fails, need to arm a family member or friend, or its become my PRIMARY!!!! This happens more frequently than you know, so I want to shoot my BUG as well as I can, and hopefully as good as my primary gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom