Shooter's father arrested for buying him an AR-15 after both are questioned by the FBI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right along side the idiot FBI agents that have been "watching" for the last year.

We had a deli, south of Houston, 1999 - 2003. Hired a HS girl to work. Found out she had a twin brother that had written a "hit list" in 8th grade. It contained school principal, 4 teachers and several known bullies, gangbangers and wannabe thugs. The list was found, he was prohibited from ANY school FOREVER.
His Father took him to work (machine shop) everyday. Had school books and a broom. Was not allowed out of sight.
HE wasn't a bad kid, just a cry for help that he failed to get from school staff.

Tragedy? Yes, but don't be too quick to pass judgement or blame. There is a lot left to be discovered.

Why did AR purchase pass background check? No questions?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far the best article I've seen for adding context is (shockingly) an article posted as "opinion" on The Daily Beast. Normally I'd never give them a click, but they earned it here:

I think it boils down to this:

Father to Investigator: “He gets flustered and under pressure. He doesn't really think straight.”

Same Father 7 months later: "Merry Christmas son <gifts 13 y.o. kid an AR-15>..."

Yes, I'm a 2nd Amendment absolutist. I don't see how that conflicts with the fact that this father should be held criminally liable for his kid's criminal misuse of a firearm, which he shouldn't have had access to without direct adult supervision.

I don't think law enforcement necessarily failed here. I'm tech savvy enough to recognize just how difficult it would be to legally connect the kid to those posts. There's plenty of reasonable doubt presented in this article to arrive at that conclusion.

I do think the school could've done more and the family definitely could've. All it takes is a handful of people, sometimes just one, to follow through and break the cycle. It doesn't take policy, it takes commitment.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far the best article I've seen for adding context is (shockingly) an article posted as "opinion" on The Daily Beast. Normally I'd never give them a click, but they earned it here:

I think it boils down to this:

Father to Investigator: “He gets flustered and under pressure. He doesn't really think straight.”

Same Father 7 months later: "Merry Christmas son <gifts 13 y.o. kid an AR-15>..."

Yes, I'm a 2nd Amendment absolutist. I don't see how that conflicts with the fact that this father should be held criminally liable for his kid's criminal misuse of a firearm, which he shouldn't have had access to without direct adult supervision.

I don't think law enforcement necessarily failed here. I'm tech savvy enough to recognize just how difficult it would be to legally connect the kid to those posts. There's plenty of reasonable doubt presented in this article to arrive at that conclusion.

I do think the school could've done more and the family definitely could've. All it takes is a handful of people, sometimes just one, to follow through and break the cycle. It doesn't take policy, it takes commitment.
I don’t disagree with you at all.

At the end of the day, sometimes , no matter what you do, kids/people just make the wrong decision. Free will has quite a price. Which doesn’t mean we shouldn’t stop trying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom