shooting deer with broadheads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a doe wed. Little far back got top of entry lung and nice hole through exit lung. She ran 150 yards with little blood and would have been tough to find if not for the fact that she ran a half circle and died in front of me. It's amazing how much ground they can cover. She died quickly but if she had ram in a straight line it would have been tough.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a doe wed. Little far back got top of entry lung and nice hole through exit lung. She ran 150 yards with little blood and would have been tough to find if not for the fact that she ran a half circle and died in front of me. It's amazing how much ground they can cover. She died quickly but if she had ram in a straight line it would have been tough.

I shot a buck like that. Through the top of both lungs. He ran across a creek, started to circle, came back across the creek and died 60 yards in front of me. I always track my deer, even when I see them go down, to take note of sign and sharpen my skills. I followed his trail and only found small specks of blood along it save for the spot of the hit and where he died. High lung hits are brutal for tracking since most of the blood remains internal (unless they're running through chest high grass).

Latest posts

Top Bottom