shooting over feed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hk7686

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess that upgrade gets me out of the elitist category where anybody that doesn't shoot a Jap is not hunting in your opinion?

I was wearing my trollface

Attachments

• 1241243265586.jpg
    1241243265586.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 140

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cousin collects all those old battle rifles and even hunts with them a little bit. I rib him a little, but I suspect that his Japanese rifle will outlast mine by a good many years.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I was going to go hunting in the morning, but somebody dumped some corn out close to my stand site. I gotta wait till it gets all ate up so I ain't hunting a bait pile.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I was going to go hunting in the morning, but somebody dumped some corn out close to my stand site. I gotta wait till it gets all ate up so I ain't hunting a bait pile.

Better hurry that pile of corn is going to wash away, then you have to set out more.... :laugh6:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My cousin collects all those old battle rifles and even hunts with them a little bit. I rib him a little, but I suspect that his Japanese rifle will outlast mine by a good many years.

November 1990, day after thanksgiving. I was invited the on thanksgiving day to go hunting on some land a buddies dad had bought a couple months before. I had not walked it out but once, but thought what the hell.
Not taking this hunt serious, I grabbed a M1 Garand, a 5 round clip, and some Remington 06 ammo, no special camo, no scent control, just a pair of red wing work boots, a t-shirt, a camo shirt over that, jeans, a orange vest and a orange cap.
I had a Jeep Cj-5 and stopped by and picked up my buddy, then drove to the Gerty area. We met a couple other guys who were joining us that morning for a total of 4 hunters on 200 acres.
We parked at the gate, and un loaded, now everyone was giving me **** due to that way I was dressed and even more **** when I pulled that Garand out, it was a blue sky import.
I made the comment that I have a $100 and will put it up, I bet I am the only guy who takes a buck today, any takers...hell ya, everyone was in on it...

We walked in on a road that was pushed in.

Towards the back of the property where I was going to hunt I jumped a nice buck in some thick brush. a little more investigating and I found a bedding area where the frost was on the ground except for the deer had laid, it was still warm, Ahhhhhhh that buck I jumped bedded here. I backed off and set up about 60 yards to the south of that spot in a tree line and waited.
I waited all day, waited some more, not a sign, not a peep nothing....

About 45 minutes to sunset I thought damn I am going to paying money out today...
I was watching a oak flat covered in scrub oaks to the north and to my right, when I caught movement and the white on a deers underbelly....
I lost sight of it for a minute then it stepped out broadside and stopped looking intently to the west....
I thought come on be a buck, and as if on cue it moved its head and bam I caught the blur of a rack, not a big rack but it was a shooter buck non the less.
I took aim and fired, BAM, dead deer...

Turned out to a fork horn that dressed out at 105 pounds, not a bad deer.

My buddy came walking up about 15 minutes later, I handed him the keys to my jeep, and said bring the other 2 guys with you, and the money...:Heya:

Deer are funny critters, sometimes they will walk right up to you and do everything deer are not supposed to do when you do everything you are not supposed to do...
Then again you have all the greatest and latest camo scent control gear etc and come away with nothing....

Latest posts

Top Bottom