shooting over feed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Part of what makes me sad about hunting these days is the stuff that okgr8outdrs mentioned above, all the commercial aspects.
I go into WalMart and see a video at the sporting goods counter of all the big bucks out there. I love watching video of deer, and they make me wanna buy all sorts of things I never knew I needed.
I hope that some raggedy kid in work boots can still shoot a deer in this world with .303 British.

I have killed a deer with a 303 Man was i happy! I bet i had work boots on too.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know people that buy animals and hunt a high fence..to me that isn't appealing and I won't do it but I am not gonna down them about it, or at least I will try really hard not to.

That's where I draw the line. I try really hard not to say things about people whose hunting styles differ from mine aside from friendly jabs, but high fences and test tube bucks are not hunting, in fact the are detrimental to hunting.

High fence ops/captive bred deer are breeding ground for disease and the way they alter the genetics of the deer is disturbing.

I know a couple guys that raise test tube bucks for sale. They have had deer that their kids fed carrots in the backyard and had nicknames for, then went on to sell it to a caged hunt operation where some doosh shot it. Thats after it spent several years providing its buck juice to breed does in hopes to breed more pet deer with deformed, nasty antlers for some doosh to shoot. But by God they had the inches of bone on their heads those guys crave.
To bad P&Y and B&C won't accept them. These guys need to start there own record book, P&D for pathetic and disgusting.

The guys I know of that do it are in it for $$$. They hunt fair chase, yet they have no problem chucking there ethics at the pasture gate to make a buck (pun intended).

Sorry folks, I'm all for unifying hunters, but inbreeding deer and raising what should be wild animals in disease brooding conditions is not something I can ever accept.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off, I am not looking down my nose at anyone, a question was asked, and answered, I gave what is my view on the matter, you expect me to respect your view but you guys will jump on me for mine, WTF is up with that? Hey whatever floats your boat.

No where have I said people cant shoot deer at feeders, in fact I have stated hey if thats what you want to do have at it. It is shooting deer at feeders, I call it what it is.

No where have I put down someone for using a inline muzzle loader, no where, please show me where? You cant, since I did not.

No where have I put down someone for using a center fire rifle, no where, granted some of the caliber choices have thinking WTF is up with that, it is a thin skinned deer, not a freaking elephant, but hey it is your shoulder not mine.

Same for bows, whatever your choice is.

If a guy can lug around and set up feeders on CRP land and elsewhere he can do some leg work to look for tacks and other sign and spend some time doing some footwork to get that deer. The reward will be far greater.

I also do not have a elitist attitude towards anyone, I can if thats what yall want.
You want to shoot deer at feeders have at it, fill every tag you can get, best of luck to you, but that is not hunting.....

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a really interesting feature of the internet that everyone can get his feelings hurt over nothing.
It's almost like the girl's locker room down at the junior high school.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a really interesting feature of the internet that everyone can get his feelings hurt over nothing.
It's almost like the girl's locker room down at the junior high school.

I can assure you my "feelings" have not been hurt in all of this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom