Shortage of drug holds up some US executions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, bullets are much cheaper.

22 O.S. §1014:

A. The punishment of death must be inflicted by continuous, intravenous administration of a lethal quantity of an ultrashort-acting barbiturate in combination with a chemical paralytic agent until death is pronounced by a licensed physician according to accepted standards of medical practice.

B. If the execution of the sentence of death as provided in subsection A of this section is held unconstitutional by an appellate court of competent jurisdiction, then the sentence of death shall be carried out by electrocution.

C. If the execution of the sentence of death as provided in subsections A and B of this section is held unconstitutional by an appellate court of competent jurisdiction, then the sentence of death shall be carried out by firing squad.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the stuff that guy used in Law Abiding Citizen? That seemed pretty painful.

He switched the order of the drugs so that the potassium chloride was given first. The guys heart stopped while he was fully awake.

There is plenty of pentobarbital (used for animal euthanasia). It is good enough for dogs, cats, and horses. Too good IMO for the people who deserve the death penalty. A bullet would still be cheaper.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
22 O.S. §1014:

A. The punishment of death must be inflicted by continuous, intravenous administration of a lethal quantity of an ultrashort-acting barbiturate in combination with a chemical paralytic agent until death is pronounced by a licensed physician according to accepted standards of medical practice.

B. If the execution of the sentence of death as provided in subsection A of this section is held unconstitutional by an appellate court of competent jurisdiction, then the sentence of death shall be carried out by electrocution.

C. If the execution of the sentence of death as provided in subsections A and B of this section is held unconstitutional by an appellate court of competent jurisdiction, then the sentence of death shall be carried out by firing squad.

Dayum, I've heard of other states having backup methods of execution, but OK is the first I've heard of having a tertiary method of execution. Kinda makes me proud to be from Oklahoma, even though be opposed to the death penalty....shows our perseverance lol.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Acquire 10 or so hogs. Feed 'em a regular diet of meat. Stop feeding them for about a week. In a couple of weeks toss the well fed condemned into the hog pen.

What do ya get?

Happy hogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom