Should we get Reinvolved with Iraq?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To put those numbers in perspective; if we equate one dollar to one second then the following roughly applies.

One million seconds ago was about a week and a half ago.
One billion seconds ago was early 1982.
One trillion seconds ago was about 31,709 years ago.
I like the explanation Gordon Liddy gave for saying "thousand million" instead of "billion." He said billion was a number so big that people couldn't really grasp what it meant, but most people could envision a thousand dollars. If you spent a thousand dollars a day, it would take you roughly three years to spend a million dollars--or roughly three thousand years to spend a thousand million dollars at that same rate.

Put another way, if you had a billion dollars and had started spending a thousand dollars a day on the day Jesus was born (ignoring your short lifespan and calendar shenanigans along the way), you'd still have roughly $300 million left. And I'm sure you'd have a lot more to show for it than does Uncle Sam...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Send every illegal alien over 18 years of age for a three year tour. The ones who survive get citizenship.

Think about it. 10 million illegals. How many would become citizens after a 3 yr tour if we lost 4,600ish in 14 years? Not to mention the blow to the economy and taxpayers who would have to support a military of 10 million.

Stupid idea.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think about it. 10 million illegals. How many would become citizens after a 3 yr tour if we lost 4,600ish in 14 years? Not to mention the blow to the economy and taxpayers who would have to support a military of 10 million.

Stupid idea.

After dismissing all the ones who couldn't meet the enlistment standards, it would only be about 100,000.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the way...
The American Embassy in Baghdad plans to evacuate a substantial number of its personnel this week in the face of a militant advance that rapidly swept from the north toward the capital, the State Department announced on Sunday.

The embassy, a beige fortress on the banks of the Tigris River within the heavily-secured Green Zone, where Iraqi government buildings are also located, has the largest staff of any United States Embassy.

http://weaselzippers.us/189957-brea...hdad-to-evacuate-most-its-staff-from-country/

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the way...
The American Embassy in Baghdad plans to evacuate a substantial number of its personnel this week in the face of a militant advance that rapidly swept from the north toward the capital, the State Department announced on Sunday.

The embassy, a beige fortress on the banks of the Tigris River within the heavily-secured Green Zone, where Iraqi government buildings are also located, has the largest staff of any United States Embassy.

http://weaselzippers.us/189957-brea...hdad-to-evacuate-most-its-staff-from-country/
WOW. My uncle was career army. When our tanks first rolled into Baghdad he asked me if I remembered the people fighting to get on helicopters on the roof of the embassy at Saigon.

"If you saw how that ended, you've seen how this ends."

Latest posts

Top Bottom