Show Off Your 10/22 Custom Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a factory carbine stock in there. I wanted a sporter stock with a vertical grip. I sprayed it with truck bed liner and then the blue. The bolt was machined for minimum headspace. I used a spare Lilja barrel for my Sako Finnfire and had it machined to fit the 10/22.
1676442814433.jpeg
1676442850477.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the late 80's I ran a gunsmith shop in northern California-heart of the California Gray Digger squirrel population. I sold a lot of 10-22's. I repaired a lot of 10-22's and do not remember ever having one come in for magazine issues, Well except...those old Butler Creek "banana" mag's. The were always failing. Ruger magazines back then never failed.

I use to order in extractors, springs and plungers in bulk. Those were always getting blown out. I also sent several of those guns back to Ruger for rebuild when the receiver cross pin hole got enlarged.

The gun would usually still work missing the extractor. Sometime the fired brass would jam the gun and would need cleared.

Some of those guns would come inabsolutely encrusted in filth and still functioned. They shot best dirty. Bore would need punched only when accuracy would drop off, Punch the bore, fire a magazine through it and it was back to shooting

Then somewhere around 08-10 after I retired, my late wife had a Ruger magazine failure. It just stopped feeding. In those day we were shooting Montana gophers 3 or 4 times a week. From March to July. 75 to100 rounds a day. In early June when the babies came out a couple days of 500 plus rounds per gun was not unusual. She had 5 of those magazines that she kept loaded and rotated though that gun. That faulty magazine would not rotate. I cleaned it several times and that did not help. The last time it gave her trouble she grumbled at me and I said, let me see it. She handed it to me and I tossed it out the window. Next time we went to Walmart in Great Falls she made me buy her another.

When she passed in 2011 I sent her rifle to the Maryland Granddaughters. Before shipping, I notice the extractor was missing. Wonder how long that had been gone?

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And last but loudest..
Volquartsen rcvr, charging handle
Hornet trigger
JWH “obnoxious” bolt
TacSol mag release
TacSol vantage stock
TacSol X threaded barrel
Primary Arms ACSS .22 scope.

I started screwing around with these shortly after Covid when range ammo was scarce and expensive. Not sure why I went so overboard with them but they are a lot of fun and I’ll never sell them, primarily because I will NEVER get my money back on them. Lol.View attachment 349153
My grandson would love that one. We built him one like mine at the same time, only he went with the red stock, stainless barrel with a black comp, and then later he put on a chinese knock off of the c-more in red, it was probably made for airsoft, but he's used it at steel challenge matches and so far it has held up ok. just doesn't have a very bright dot.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5F900E00-CDF8-4533-90C7-700B5F2A8985.jpeg

Not the best pic, but the only Ruger on this is the bolt and firing pin. The big thing is that it looks like a heavy barrel, but it’s deceptive. It’s a Gemtech Mist with integral suppressor. Now topped with a Vortex Red dot, think it’s the Sparc.
Hogue stock.
Brownell’s receiver
Unknown trigger group with release lever

It’s light, handy and quiet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom