Sight pusher recommendation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my secrets

IMG_4217.jpg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got one of the Sig specific MGW tools and it worked great for installing the rear sight. My replacement front sight was loose in the slide dovetail and required some fitting.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MGW also makes a sight tool for Glocks, The standard tool fits most of the Glocks (9mm; .357 Sig; .40 S&W; .45 ACP and .45 GAP.

The Glock tool uses a different locking plate for the the Glock 42, 43, 43X and 48.

I had to file off some of the side (the adapter was not flat on the corner radius) of the single stack Glock locking plate to make it work on my Sight Tool.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just for future reference, I have a Sight pusher for a Sign 226 in Duncan. Not interested in selling or loaning by mail but if you need to use it, it's available.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've changed many sights with an aluminum rod that had a nylon tip attached supplied to me by the sight manufacturer.
Got them hanging on a peg in the shop. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Its not rocket science to drift out a sight and install a new one.
Just be sure to follow the manufacturer's recommendation about which direction to remove and install.

Latest posts

Top Bottom