Simple question - What is the reason for the restriction roll mark to LE and Military only on some Colt's AR15'?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another member and I were conversing about the restricted roll marks on the LE 69XX series yet anyone can own one.

They are on regular Colt AR semiautomatic rifles and carbines. None have the capability of full automatic fire.

I do understand the restriction of the rifle itself in several commie states because it is black and shoots bullets in Commiefornia.

There has to be a simple answer.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes simple answer was the 1994 assault weapons ban. AR builders had to jump through all sorts of hoops to make ARs compliant. Meanwhile our boys in blue, who are thought to be "more equal than others" were allowed to buy and use regular ARs as long as they were so marked, and anyone caught with one who wasn't LE/MIL was an instant felon.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes simple answer was the 1994 assault weapons ban. AR builders had to jump through all sorts of hoops to make ARs compliant. Meanwhile our boys in blue, who are thought to be "more equal than others" were allowed to buy and use regular ARs as long as they were so marked, and anyone caught with one who wasn't LE/MIL was an instant felon.
Dumb restrictions like fixed stocks and no muzzle device. We also had magazine restrictions

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^ This.
They also had that mark on high-capacity (>10 rounds) magazines between ‘94 and ‘04 while those parts of the 1994 Crime Bill were in effect.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^ This.
They also had that mark on high-capacity (>10 rounds) magazines between ‘94 and ‘04 while those parts of the 1994 Crime Bill were in effect.

I have some of those mags I’ll sell for $100 a piece. I know what I have so nobody try to lowball me.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forget what state it was several years back that passed a law banning all guns that held more than 5 rds but they forgot to put a exemption in it and after it passed they had to go back and amend it cause all the LE was raising cane cause they was having to get rid of all their guns.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And no assault bayonet lug....mater of fact that was the only change in M1As, no bayonet lug they just milled off the tiny metal cube under the flash suppressor.

Wonder if they ever put bayonet lugs back on or if they're still neutered? I bought mine somewhere around 2012 or so and it was still neutered. I had to fix that "just because".

Latest posts

Top Bottom