Single stack S&W M&P coming soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was in OKC on business today and walked into Sooner State Pawn to put some more bucks down on my layaway. Tommy and I began talking about the S&W Shield. He went to the back and came out with a pretty blue box. Low and behold, inside was a spankin' new Shield 9. Sweet!

I was amazed at how slim and light it was. With the extended grip, I was able to get my entire hand on the grip, no problem. It had good sights and aimed very naturally. The external safety was very crisp and purposeful. There are already some nice leather and kydex holsters out for the Shield. It's gonna make a sweet EDC weapon.

Tommy and I agreed, we both need one of these. But we are waiting for the .40 S&W to make bigger holes.

Might have to get a Shield 9 to hold me over though. Sweet little carry gun. And at $399, these things are gonna fly off the shelves.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been studying the new Shield. I had thought that if I got one I would turn loose of my P238. I went to the range this weekend and ran the little Sig a bit. Man, I do like that gun. Not sure I could sell it and I really can't justify two small carry guns. Heck, that's not even counting my G26. Anyhow, I still need to go check one out. I'll hopefully do that this weekend if I can find a place with 'em in stock.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell me which companies please.

Go to the S&W Shield website http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/MP_Shield/index.html# and click on the "accessories" tab on bottom. It will download a PDF of all the accessories released by other companies specifically produced for the Shield and to coincide with S&W's release of the gun.

There's a Blackhawk Tuckable Holster, Desantis Mini Scabbard, Galco Stinger and Uncle Mike's Refl ex™ Holster, to name a few. There's even some fiber optic sights and XS big dot tritium sights available. http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/other/M&P_Shield_Accessories.pdf

Latest posts

Top Bottom