Single stack S&W M&P coming soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got mine pre-ordered. Cost? $334 + shipping & tax.

Forgot to add - not mail order it is through a local FFL who basically runs his business out of his living room.

My FFL gave me the OK to post his data: I ordered my Shield (mentioned above) from:
Mr Tim Winkelman
CNW Ranch
580-583-9804

He told me that the price I was quoted (above) will remain unless his distributor raises the cost to him.

RetCIPicker

New to the site!
Reaction score
Re: S&W M&P Shield in .40 I spoke with a rep from H&H this morning. He said they had two or three yesterday morning but they did not last long. He thought they went for $419.00 plus tax. He did not know they even had them until he walked by the cabinet and saw one. Next time by they were gone. Of course he did not know when they would get more.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Re: S&W M&P Shield in .40 I spoke with a rep from H&H this morning. He said they had two or three yesterday morning but they did not last long. He thought they went for $419.00 plus tax. He did not know they even had them until he walked by the cabinet and saw one. Next time by they were gone. Of course he did not know when they would get more.

I think they are mistaken because the .40 version hasn't hit the street yet.

brand0n

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think I might go out and handle one of these... really want to wait to handle the XDS also. Thanks for the great videos in this thread.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got mine pre-ordered. Cost? $334 + shipping & tax.

Forgot to add - not mail order it is through a local FFL who basically runs his business out of his living room.

Wow S&W really stole the XDS thunder lol. About how much did it come out to total?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springfield is getting punked by S&W. They are S&W's b*tch. The XD-s is going nowhere fast, while the Shields are flying off the shelves.

Note to Springfield: If you're going to introduce a sweet, single stack concealable .45, you might want to get it distributed! Get owned on the national stage much?

S&W not only got the Shield introduced, manufactured and distributed, but they had supporting manufacturers tied in to release their Shield accessories on the same date. That's slick. I was going to get an XD-s, but can't find them anywhere. So, screw Springfield. It's a Shield 40 for me.

I'm sure there is enough market share for everyone, but Springfield really screwed the pooch on this one.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My non-shooting but tire-kicking review of the M&P Shield:

I went to look at the new Shield today at Sports World. It looks to be a very nice auto and feels nice in the hand, especially with the extended magazine. My primary concern was how it compared in size to a Sig P238. After much searching and trying to find a gun that works for me as a good all-around carry piece, the P238 is hard to beat. I should have taken a pic with my phone of the Shield next to the P238 but there is a pretty substantial difference.

Carry guns are like food; different people have different tastes. Personally, I don't care to carry anything larger than say a G26. Even a G19 is too large for me to comfortably carry. In relation to size, the Shield is pretty much the same size as a G26 but in single stack. It is more ergonomic than a double stack subcompact for sure. I think it would even make a ~decent~ range 9mm even though the short barrel might be more of a challenge than on a larger, more range\service oriented auto.

So my main question was, "Is this M&P Shield right enough to get me to move away from a P238?" For me, no. I like a carry gun that is small and comfortable enough to work all year round. But for others, I think it would be a fantastic carry gun. I'd probably consider it before I went with several other guns in the same class\size.

As always, your mileage most likely will vary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom