SKS prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the prices of AKs and ARs through the roof, I am thinking of at least buying an SKS. I wish I had bought one years ago when they were $100, but even the SKS is pricey now. What would you say is a realistic non-gouging price on an SKS with detachable mags and a composite stock with an AR style shoulder thingy that slides in and out?
Free, because you will have to find the wood furniture to put back on it and a factory magazine.:)
Have you bought one since December? Expect to pay at least $400-450 for a beat up Chinese.

^^^^This. When they has the type 56 chinese that were imported from Albania available I bought 3 of em. Wondered if I should hang on to the other Norinco SKSs that I had or sell em off to fund other projects. Decided to take one to a gunshow in early January and sold it for $450 within half hour, wasn't even numbers matching. Since then I have sold the other two Norincos for $450 each within 48 hours of listing them. I've seen them sell for a hell of a lot more than that at the fun shows. I'm going to keep the 3 that I got with my C&R and my sweet Russian that I got from Milsurp.

Is this gouging? I don't think so since nice examples were selling on this board for $350-$375 before December. Supply and demand.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DeerAssassin is correct. I was at a good gun show in Durant over the weekend and saw a lot of SKSs, the cheapest of which was $450.

I would recommend trying to find a bread and butter Chinese in good shape. Then, if you're happy with it, you can add a Tapco or other stock and whatever. Here are some fancy SKS stocks - http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&...pw.r_qf.&fp=a2243397dc2002ce&biw=1055&bih=591

If you really want one with a detachable mag, I recommend you spend the money and get a D or M. You could have gotten a good one for $500, or so, a few months ago. Good luck on that now.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bougth a Narinco and Russian Tula SkS for 325 each at the Durant gun show. Gotta wait till last 30 mintues of closing to make good deals.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you couldn't buy one for $350 even before the panic.

Nope. Been looking for a reasonably priced M-model for a while. Am still kicking myself for not buying the one a guy was carrying around last fall's Wannenmacher show for around $300. He didn't know what he had, either. Didn't buy it because it was covered with surface rust - what a dumba** I am. I started kicking myself as soon as I got home - don't know what I was thinking.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And you couldn't buy one for $350 even before the panic.

Yeah, the M and D usually always ran about $100 over whatever the street price of a standard SKS was. I got mine for $350 back when a regular SKS was going for $200 to $250.

I love mine, it's one of my favorite guns to shoot.

Just to clarify, that was about 3 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom