Small black flies in house, cannot figure out where they are coming from.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How long have you lived in your house? Maybe they are cadaver flies and there is a corpse hidden in your walls someplace.

Hey, just throwing out ideas here!

All of my victims corpses are vacuum sealed and then stored in cosmoline filled drums.

The flies are from something else.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We keep a fruit bowl on the counter. Seems like each new batch of fruit brings a few more in. They’ve gotten better though. I’ve only seen a few in the last couple days.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had pantry moths one time, but I don't think you'd describe them as looking like flies. They leave little webs where they find food, we had to clean webs off of everything in the pantry. Hard to get rid of, it doesn't sound like that's what you have but if it is I can tell you what we did for them.

View attachment 217938
I had those several years ago. Came in boxes of brown bear ammo from academy. I called them Russian moths.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those flies are easily identified as Amityville Flies.

1628903980766.png

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks similar to a drain fly. If you have a seldom used shower or floor drain the little fly's just arrive from the drain. Pour some Clorox into the drain and it will help get ride of them. Or use the drain more often.

Latest posts

Top Bottom