Small black flies in house, cannot figure out where they are coming from.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bug Zapper Indoor, Electronic Fly Zapper Lamp for Home, Eliminates Gnats Fruit Flies Flying Pests - Non-Toxic - Silent - Effective Operation UV Insect Killer (6Pblack) Amazon.com : Bug Zapper Indoor, Electronic Fly Zapper Lamp for Home, Eliminates Gnats Fruit Flies Flying Pests - Non-Toxic - Silent - Effective Operation UV Insect Killer (6Pblack) : Patio, Lawn & Garden

We use something similar to this. Came in a 3 pack. Think it was $20-25. They plug into an outlet. We put one by the front door, one in hall and one in the back door which is in dining room/kitchen area. We still see a small fruit fly or gnat here and there, but if you look on the zapper, you know it’s working.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We get small gnats and fruit flies, most of the time it is the house plants. I put sticky traps in each plant pot, it is really surprising how many they trap.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks similar to a drain fly. If you have a seldom used shower or floor drain the little fly's just arrive from the drain. Pour some Clorox into the drain and it will help get ride of them. Or use the drain more often.
This right here^^^. They are sewer gnats. They live on organic matter (food particles and so forth) that gets stuck in the drain. Bleach, vinegar, or any caustic drain cleaner that dissolves organic matter will remove their food source.

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My experience with the little buggers is to (if you have a garbage disposal) turn it on and run several ice cubes down the drain. The shards will help dislodge the gunk in your drain. My plumber showed me and it works!
Good luck😉

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience with the little buggers is to (if you have a garbage disposal) turn it on and run several ice cubes down the drain. The shards will help dislodge the gunk in your drain. My plumber showed me and it works!
Good luck😉

I use a peach pit every so often.

Ice in the winter when I can't buy peaches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom