• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Smoker/ grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
We hit the jackpot on an Oklamahoma Joe grill/smoker. ....free....hardly used. Neighbor of hunting buddy gave it to him, brought to our playground in N. MO. Made from like 1/4" plate, before CharBroil bought them, cheapened them down to sheetmetal. There were two sizes, ours is the larger, recalling Longhorn model name. Sorry, can't find my notes on the model name, size...should have been in my Jeep...not. If you can find one of those, you will not be disappointed. One would think they are available used in your area.
I’ll check them out.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
If you want a good smoker without the bulk and weight of an offset, go find a Weber Smokey Mountain. They make them in 3 sizes, more of an engineered vertical drum in 3 pieces. Bottom piece is fire area for charcoal/wood, middle stack holds racks, top dome lid. Air vents are well engineered for slow cooking. I can fit 4 whole briskets on larger size.
Priced reasonable- well made.
Can find them on the FB market thing or Craigslist.
https://www.weber.com/US/en/charcoal/smokey-mountain/
I actually have one of these. It’s the older model. I am not to fond of it. Hard to maintain consistent heat.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have an offset stick burner if you’re interested. My wife’s, grandfather had it build many moons ago and I wound up with it. Used it a few times but I prefer my hasty bake. It’s a heavy SOB and holds heat very well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom