• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Smoker/ grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a good smoker without the bulk and weight of an offset, go find a Weber Smokey Mountain. They make them in 3 sizes, more of an engineered vertical drum in 3 pieces. Bottom piece is fire area for charcoal/wood, middle stack holds racks, top dome lid. Air vents are well engineered for slow cooking. I can fit 4 whole briskets on larger size.
Priced reasonable- well made.
Can find them on the FB market thing or Craigslist.
https://www.weber.com/US/en/charcoal/smokey-mountain/

Oklahomahunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
0E801647-E6DF-4449-978A-47E1003C5CE2.jpeg

How much you want to spend?😏

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my pellet grill. I only burn traeger wood pellets that are basically only wood ( a little soybean oil for pellet production). Quick to start if grilling. But if you must. My son has a green egg that he uses charcoal/wood and loves it as well. Visit an Ace hardware to see both types

GADadinOK

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You looking for a 'normal' size grill/smoker, or jumbo sized?

You can't go wrong with an Akorn. Made by Char Griller. Lowes and Wally world often stock them. Around $329 normal price. You can usually find one on sale around the holiday for under $300. I'm on my second. First one lasted about 5 years (but I 'rescued' it from in front of a Kroger store, chained up with all the other grills. No telling how long it had sat there in the weather). I'm 4 years into my second.

Holds temp like a champ (10-12 hrs), and I grill steaks on it all the time too.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for one that burns actual wood or charcoal. I went to a few stores around here, not finding anything.
No propane or pellets.
We hit the jackpot on an Oklahoma Joe grill/smoker. ....free....hardly used. Neighbor of hunting buddy gave it to him, brought to our playground in N. MO. Made from like 1/4" plate, before CharBroil bought them, cheapened them down to sheetmetal. There were two sizes, ours is the larger, recalling Longhorn model name. Sorry, can't find my notes on the model name, size...should have been in my Jeep...not. If you can find one of those, you will not be disappointed. One would think they are available used in your area.

Last edited:

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Academy and Buc-ees sell Old Country BBQ pits. They're pretty awesome, built like a tank, and they last.

http://bbquepits.com/
I bought the lone star grill they had several years ago, it’ll last generations. I’m just looking for a better smoker. The one I got works just need to upgrade.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You looking for a 'normal' size grill/smoker, or jumbo sized?

You can't go wrong with an Akorn. Made by Char Griller. Lowes and Wally world often stock them. Around $329 normal price. You can usually find one on sale around the holiday for under $300. I'm on my second. First one lasted about 5 years (but I 'rescued' it from in front of a Kroger store, chained up with all the other grills. No telling how long it had sat there in the weather). I'm 4 years into my second.

Holds temp like a champ (10-12 hrs), and I grill steaks on it all the time too.
Big enough to smoke 2 turkeys at once. I’ll check those out. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom