So i rode a Harley today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recall being at a Sonic twentysomething years ago...me and a coworker were getting a bite before our evening shift - I was on my Harley chopper, he on his brand-new Honda (complete with payments).
A lady approached me and gave me her card, she was a photographer, and asked if I'd let her take pics of some chicks with my bike. I thought about it for at least 1/4 of a second (young and single, I was), and said yes. She walked off, my buddy was soooo pissed - he said "she didn't even say hi to me!".

Yep, those Hondas sure are cool. LOL

ebman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a geezer glide. nothing wrong with it but it sits more than i ride it. have always prefered the bike with 2 vtwins on it (1st gen vmax) hell even the wife prefers the vmax over the geezer glide.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a reason the Japanese have worked very hard over the last 30 to 40 years to imitate Harley. Still ain't nailed it. And Harley still rakes in gobs more cash.

I've ridden bikes for 20 years, Harley's the last 12. The others have their place, as does Harley. When people bash Harley's I shrug and say "To each their own" and let it go at that. Confidence in yourself and the bike you ride are common traits amongst the long term Harley riders. Most don't feel they have to justify their choice to anyone. I also drive a Jeep Wrangler. It's the same thing. People either disparage my choice sternly, or they smile and say "Dang, that's a nice Jeep." Either way is fine with me. Wranglers and Harley's have that in common. Folks either get it or they don't. No sense in explaining it. Does no good. Just smile and let it be.

I never got all gussied up in typical riding gear. I have good gear but not the usual Harley get up. I've only bought one sticker at a rally, then never stuck it to anything. I keep it on my night stand. It simply reads "This is my dream, go get your own." Wish people would take it to heart, keep the negative comments to themselves (they're not paying for my stuff) and leave me be.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
There's a reason the Japanese have worked very hard over the last 30 to 40 years to imitate Harley. Still ain't nailed it. And Harley still rakes in gobs more cash.

I've ridden bikes for 20 years, Harley's the last 12. The others have their place, as does Harley. When people bash Harley's I shrug and say "To each their own" and let it go at that. Confidence in yourself and the bike you ride are common traits amongst the long term Harley riders. Most don't feel they have to justify their choice to anyone. I also drive a Jeep Wrangler. It's the same thing. People either disparage my choice sternly, or they smile and say "Dang, that's a nice Jeep." Either way is fine with me. Wranglers and Harley's have that in common. Folks either get it or they don't. No sense in explaining it. Does no good. Just smile and let it be.

I never got all gussied up in typical riding gear. I have good gear but not the usual Harley get up. I've only bought one sticker at a rally, then never stuck it to anything. I keep it on my night stand. It simply reads "This is my dream, go get your own." Wish people would take it to heart, keep the negative comments to themselves (they're not paying for my stuff) and leave me be.

When I rode a Honda I would give as much grief as possible to Harley riders, but I didn't care what you were riding if I saw you on the road, I waved. Just like I'll make OU jokes, and talk about Found On Road Dead or Fix Or Repair Daily (I own one, and my parents have always had one).

I'd ride a Harley in a heartbeat if the opportunity was offered.

But I still say that Harley Owners Need Dependable Alternatives!

:flamed:
:wink2:

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this thread reminds me how much it sucks saving here and there for a motorcycle. And yeah i want a harley ! danged bad credit or i'd be riding already

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care what kind of bike anybody rides. I wish it were the law that every single driver on the rode had to ride a motorcycle as their sole mode of transportation for one week before they would be issued a license to drive a car. Might help people "see" a little clearer....

Anyway, I fully concur with Hawgman's post above. And I will add that no other bike is welcome in the living room...

i129.photobucket.com_albums_p230_GuillermoSancho_DSCN0454.jpg

Like has been expressed countless times - if I had to explain, you wouldn't understand anyway....

Latest posts

Top Bottom