So I was in H&H around lunch time today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting one of them placards means i would have to go to a doc office and be examined and i refuse and despise doing that, currently only going every 4 or 5 years but at 67 i know the day is coming that i will have to change and bow down and start going more often regardless of whether i want to or not.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI a handicap placard is just for parking. It’s to be removed from your mirror while driving
"When you are back in your car and preparing to leave your parking space, make sure that you take down the placard before you drive away. Potentially having a large dangling object swinging directly into your field of vision while your vehicle is in motion is not only extremely dangerous, it is highly illegal."

How is it highly illegal? I mean, I see a s-ton of blue placards all day, while working. Cops would giving out tickets like shooting fish in a barrel.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"When you are back in your car and preparing to leave your parking space, make sure that you take down the placard before you drive away. Potentially having a large dangling object swinging directly into your field of vision while your vehicle is in motion is not only extremely dangerous, it is highly illegal."

How is it highly illegal? I mean, I see a s-ton of blue placards all day, while working. Cops would giving out tickets like shooting fish in a barrel.
They can pull you over for it, but most won't.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just speaking for myself- turned 69 last month- I'm already a lot less active than I use to be, but still want to be able to move around and get stuff done- I still use a regular 21" Craftsman push mower to mow my lawn. I make myself walk to my local grade school with a walking track and do a couple miles every day. When I go to Walmart, I park out at the end of the parking and walk in- and back out - sometimes that's a mile of walking. I still like sex and while I know all this means nothing, I want to be active. A good friend of mine who worked out and ate better than I do, got home- walked in front door and died.
I say all that to say this, you want to act and feel old- let everyone wait on you- don't walk and stay loose, you will get to a point you need the close parking cause it's all you can walk. Set your fat rump in that 4 wheeler riding cart for your groceries, that will be the only way you can get them- act old- you will be old. I got underwear older than some you folks- I know what I'm talking about.
I feel violated

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of assholes..this couple using a handicap space at WM to load up for 4th. No placard and no h/c plate…2nd one at Canadian Valley Hospital..ada folks weren’t happy about signs and floor markings..

Attachments

• IMG_1075.jpeg
    IMG_1075.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1074.jpeg
    IMG_1074.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least half the handicapped placards hangers I’ve seen are young folks in what seems like perfect health. Figured they were using grandma’s for close parking.
You do realize the youth today have more health problems than most the old ppl here
As well you can get it for having migraines…

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do realize the youth today have more health problems than most the old ppl here
As well you can get it for having migraines…

Still think it’s just grandma’s. Don’t think they’re ambitious enough to go to the doctors and do the paperwork.

I realize some are probably legit. Just doubt the numbers of them I see are all necessary. If they are we’re in trouble. Who’s gonna change all us old folks diapers if they’re all truly handicapped?

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still think it’s just grandma’s. Don’t think they’re ambitious enough to go to the doctors and do the paperwork.

I realize some are probably legit. Just doubt the numbers of them I see are all necessary. If they are we’re in trouble. Who’s gonna change all us old folks diapers if they’re all truly handicapped?
No changing. Just wear it. Have you not seen the kids? Hell they are so screwed up in the head they literally can’t tell you if they are boy or girl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom