So much for that COLD FRONT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A week before the cold front, from all the TV weather people, OK folks, it's coming! a cold front in the middle of August! Just look at the temperatures in Nebraska! In the 60's! It will be here in the 4 to 5 day future! Yes, people a cold front!

4 days before the front. Yes folks it's still coming, a cold front! It is in Kansas right now and expected to hit the Oklahoma border in two more days.

Two days for a cold front to drive through Kansas? Hmm.

Weatherman on channel 4 the day the cold front is supposed to hit Oklahoma. Yes, it is still coming but it is a stationary front stalled out in Kansas right now. It should hit Ponca City tomorrow around 5 p.m.

A week and 3 days from the initial prediction, Well folks, it has arrived and the temperatures have plummeted 3 degrees. We will have widely scattered showers and thunderstorms all over Oklahoma for the entire weekend starting Friday.

Yeah, it only got up to 94 Friday instead of 104 so I guess that cold front did come through. I was all set to do a bunch of yard work after it came through and if it rained, I was going to be in the shop enjoying the cooling breezes. HAH!

Now, the TV weather guys are saying cool front and staying well away from the 60 degree temperatures predicted a week ago.

Saturday it kinda rained and Sunday we got 3 inches and 100% humidity with no, absolutely no, cool breezes. So, instead of the cold front, in August, we got the wet muggy August we have always had, in spades.

Monday, it was humid as hell and the 100 degree heat made it feel like New Orleans, Birmingham, and Houston wrapped in a Miami.

Gimme back my semi-dry 105 degree heat with a 20 mph wind.

Thanks for the COLD FRONT!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they predicted 60 degrees they probably meant overnight lows IN the 60's. I don't know about you, but we had a few days with highs in the upper 80's, which is remarkable for almost mid-August.

Every day in August that it's less than 100 degrees gets us one day closer to September, when the REAL possibility of cool fronts gets here.

"Cold" is relative. If you thought we would have 60 degrees because Nebraska had 60 degrees, we really should have you tested. :pms2:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they predicted 60 degrees they probably meant overnight lows IN the 60's. I don't know about you, but we had a few days with highs in the upper 80's, which is remarkable for almost mid-August.

Every day in August that it's less than 100 degrees gets us one day closer to September, when the REAL possibility of cool fronts gets here.

"Cold" is relative. If you thought we would have 60 degrees because Nebraska had 60 degrees, we really should have you tested. :pms2:
No, they didn't predict 60s for Oklahoma. They showed the 60's in Nebraska to prove it was a cold front. One or two did say 70's though.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You were just too far south. Cloudy and cool on Friday, I mowed roadsides with a jacket on. Northern part of the state it was 63 degrees, northeast wind and folks had long sleeves or jackets on at lunch time on Saturday.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saturday and Sunday were beautiful here! Felt like a glimpse of fall and I throughly enjoyed it. August is pretty much my least favorite month here in OK

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturday i wanted to get in my bday suit to cool off and no one would have known but the birds and the little fawn that wondered thru now Sunday i sat in the house and watched what little rain we got so i was cool then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom