So, What Are Your Thoughts About The Mother Of The School Shooter Being Convicted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a slippery slope. Next they will be going after parents whose kids kill someone driving drunk or texting. Whether she may deserves it or not, I think it sets a bad precedent.:twocents:
Drunk driving victims' families are already suing car manufacturers. The ambulance chasers sue everyone to see which may stick and make more $$ for themselves.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She was technically complicit in the death of those school kids. She deserves jail time.
So what about parents that buys their kid an iPhone 15 and a 1997 Ford F150, and that kid texts and drives and kills a mother and her young child? Do you charge the parents with involuntary manslaughter?

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Rex.

So the store that sells a gun to a criminal may be charged because he should have recognized that the guy was planning a crime…..
You're not too far off base. There's an FFL in Ohio currently going through a wrongful death suit because he sold a gun to a man who bought it for a woman who killed herself with it. The buyer didn't have anything worth suing over so the family of a dead woman filed suit against him. He and his insurance company are fighting it tooth and nail.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you Rex.

So the store that sells a gun to a criminal may be charged because he should have recognized that the guy was planning a crime…..
I mean, in your hypothetical, does the store know:
A) they are selling to a criminal
B) They are planning a crime?

Then yeah, I see no problem with it. Fry em up. As noted earlier:
The reason the prosecution got the convictions is because they essentially proved she got him the gun and then exhibited a depraved indifference before, during and after the shooting.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what about parents that buys their kid an iPhone 15 and a 1997 Ford F150, and that kid texts and drives and kills a mother and her young child? Do you charge the parents with involuntary manslaughter?
It depends. Did they buy the phone and truck for their child when they knew their child was a danger to others?

These parents bought a rifle for their kid, allowed unfettered access to it, and they knew he had serious mental issues. Then 5 days later were called to the school for a meeting with the principal because their kid was messed up in the head and didn't pull their kid out of school. Had they not been negligent as parents then this doesn't happen.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then 5 days later were called to the school for a meeting with the principal because their kid was messed up in the head and didn't pull their kid out of school.
…..and shown the psychotic drawings their son had drawn showing how he wanted to hurt people.
“Sorry, you keep him, we have to go back to work.” Said his parents. Then instead of being there for Jr they hightail it half way across the country to evade the police. Yup, she was rightfully convicted. If I put a gun in the hands of someone in their son’s mental state I’d expect to be convicted……which I believe they knew too which is why they ran for the hills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom