Something I don't understand - men never accept help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for me, I don't ask for help, I do it myself and the reason is that I've been betrayed by a few friends and frankly, they've destroyed my trust. I don't even ask my sons for help, if they were interested in helping, they'd check on my wife and on occasion. Most of my ex-military friends have passed away or live in other states.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I've seen this throughout my life. Men suffering in silence. I know of a guy that lost his wife unexpectedly and has two kids. That's pain. That's real pain. He seems to think he soldiers on and covers it all up. And he does. I don't personally know him so I can't speak to this situation. But is that how men are supposed to be? In our culture a man that needs help is a failure. However, how much loss can a man suffer before he is due some support? Any amount?
Well, how many people can actually offer a solution to the deep rooted problems men have in this life? Heres a pill, heres a slur of words that dont help, heres alcohol or go talk to a psychologist who genuinely doesnt care you exist.. the above conditions us to reach the conclusion that you cant help. Then theres the other side, males naturally are full of themselves and dont want to project their problems upon others.

No, men shouldnt be this way, but until theyre shown real solutions and are taught how to live by such solutions, they will continue to cope and endure their junk.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. I mostly come here with my woes to inform y'all why I haven't been around, not to garner sympathy or prayers. I know y'all don't really give a ^^^**.
Yep. You bunch of grumpy assholes. I'm just here to pick on y'all and offer Midol if you get too cranky. 😉😘

And I dunno about this place just bullying fellas for having feelers. I have been here a long time and I have seen countless times where guys have offered to help out other guys they only know from some damn internet forum with their time, advice, help with this that or the other, for nothing more than a thank you and a handshake.

And I don't mean you guys helping me out from time to time -- I mean you guys helping each other out. It's one of the more fascinating things about this place -- that you guys will help out each other without expecting something in return. That doesn't happen anywhere else on the planet that I have seen and it has been going on here since OSA's inception.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is less than it used to be. If you think about it in the context of the draft and conflicts, no matter how tragic your day was you still had a job to do that lives depended on. Just because you stood one day on a pile of rubble with a huge crater in front of that pile that held 243 of your fellow Marines, didn't mean the next day you could just puddle up and say hey Gunnery Sargent, I can't make it. Lives still depended on you doing your job. Now that may not have been you personally, but there is a high likelihood that the person who raised you was. (just one example in millions). Why do men do it? Because they had to and learned it by doing it. Now we have volunteer forces so this effect isn't as wide spread, so I think it is less so now.

Take heart Rez, not everyone here takes you so literally, and some can even read between your lines, but don't expect them to puddle up with ya, still got a job to do😉
(Disclaimer: not saying you would puddle up.)
Military coming back from the Vietnam conflict were offered three days of steak dinners and daily meetings with “counselors” saying to forget everything you did and everything you saw to go forward in your life.
Some could and some couldn’t, just like every other conflict since.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stubborn-billboard.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom