Sonic cleaners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well during the night I had decided on the Lyman but I was more then a little surprised when I got up to find a package from Midway sitting on my porch. The wife went and ordered me a Lyman Turbo 2500 Pro Magnum a couple of days ago without telling me. Guess she knows what I want before I do. :D

Anyway I set it up and so far all I can say is WOW!! Half as loud as my old Franklin and seems to be moving the media and brass about 4 times as fast if not more.

Years ago I had an old rotary and this thing seems to be giving as much cleaning action. I threw in some 40S&W cases along with a couple of grungy 30.06 range pickups at 3:30. I will check them after 2 hours to see how they look. My gut says they will be clean or very close to it.

Sounds like it worked out. Good deal, rick.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ultrasonic cleaners are neat and definitley have there place inteh shooting world but as a brass cleaner I think it may be over kill.

This is what I've been sayin forever. I really just dont need my brass to look "new". Why? Its just going to get fouled again. Clean of debris, sure. Clean of carbon, sure. Glimmering in the sun.... bah.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have found two problems with the Lyman, neither one serious.

1) The sucker walks a lot. It almost walked off my work bench and on a concrete floor it walks itself around in circles winding the cord around the machine. If you get one make sure it can not fall off a bench or something.

2) The threaded rod that comes up through the tub and holds the lid, has a wingnut at the bottom. The cases and media move fast and hard enough that is a case hits the wingnut it will put a small dent in the case. I will fix this with a standard nut.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been out of pocket awhile, yes it definitly was a RCBS unit and it did clean the brass? Well kinda. Gonna stick with the tumbler.

I think you may have confused an RCBS rotary with an ultrasonic cleaner. As WhiteyMacD said, RCBS doesn't make an ultrasonic unit.

DANNY-L

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the lyman turbo 1200,never had a problem with it walking,for awhile I had it sitting on a piece of carpet then later reading in the manual not to I guess because of fire hazzard. I now place it on a 12"x12" ceramic tile, works good. My only problem is when it comes time to clean it the base pan is packed so hard I need a butter knife and lots of hot water to get it loose,does anyone know of an easier way. The media I use is Lyman tufnut.

Latest posts

Top Bottom