Sonic cleaners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my Lyman but I think I will add a sonic at a later date especially if I am going to keep trading and selling brass.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
rick,
if you would like to try my ultrasonic, its at your disposal.

Thanks for the offer. I have pretty much everything I need on order except the ultrasonic and will order it as soon as I sell the extra computer I have.

I have been messing with brass a lot lately to get what I need and keep ending up with a bunch extra or calibers I do not shoot. I am not going to make a business out of brass but trading it to folks that can use it seems like a good idea.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone with a ultasound unit could try what we do at work with our unit ,add 1/2" of filtered water to the tank and put what want to clean in a lab berker with your cleaning chems.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Little update. My new Lyman tumbler is having problems already and my ultrasonic is not here yet. :censored:

Motor seems to be overheating and trying to lock up and so far I have not tried to clean any heavy loads. Couple hundred 45acp is the biggest load I have put in it. I know I just got a lemon because it was not acting right from the start with it walking all over the place. None of the reviews I have seen have mentioned that problem.

Anyway I will be returning it in the next few days for replacement.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My new Hornady ultrasonic came in yesterday and I have already run over 1000 through it. :D

Gets the brass really clean in no time but some does come out a little blotchy looking. I will still use a tumbler (once it gets in) for a polish on the brass I am trading but for mine they look good enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom